What's new

Seen but not heard - devices shown on router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

theboz

Occasional Visitor
On my router , an ASUS RT-AX3000, a device seen on the connected list as static 192.168.50.100, can not be pinged successfully from the router or anyone on the router’s local network, 192.168.2.0.0 Now, this happened as a BIG mistake. I initially set up the local net as 192.168.50.0.0. However, I needed to change the local net due to errors I was getting. When I changed to the new net, 192.168.2.0, I was not careful enough and left the device with a static ip when the new net came up, so it’s a Zombie out there. It is QNAP NAS that I Really need to get to by web or even ssh, but can not, even when using some extreme measures. Is there a way I can set up routing on the router to connect? Please excuse the ignorance, but most of what little I knew about routing has been forgotten. Need some help...

TIA,
Randy

Manually configure your PC's network interface with a static IP address of 192.168.50.90. You should now be able to connect to 192.168.50.100.

Alternatively, temporarily change your LAN IP range back to 192.168.50.x.

It is QNAP NAS that I Really need to get t
If the nas is a static ip, then you could connect directly via ethernet just be sure to configure your pc manually as well using the same subnet as the NAS.

If the nas is using dhcp, just power cycle it using the front power button to do a safe shutdown and restart.

Well, on the NAS, if t’s a static route, I’d doesn’t query dhcp on boot.

I finally, changed the local net back to 192.168.50.0 , quickly fixed the NAS, changed the net back to 192.168.2.1, and everything settled out due to the slower boot of the NAS (lots of disks to check on boot!)

thanks for the help

Apologies for not being able to answer earlier and glad you got it solved for now.

The QNAP QFinder Pro program will let you access your NAS next time. Worth having it installed on your computer. :)

Utilities | QNAP