Setting up Adaptive QoS

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I know that you have to set the download/upload speeds manually when using the FreshJR variant of Adaptive QoS, but does the same apply to the original Adaptive QoS?

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
In the 'original', it simply doesn't work as it's supposed to. No matter how you set it up. See the thread for the FreshJR QOS script for the 'why'.

I haven't tested lately if this has changed/improved, but I wouldn't hold my breathe that it did. But as usual, I would love to be proved wrong. :)

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
In the 'original', it simply doesn't work as it's supposed to. No matter how you set it up. See the thread for the FreshJR QOS script for the 'why'.

I haven't tested lately if this has changed/improved, but I wouldn't hold my breathe that it did. But as usual, I would love to be proved wrong. :)
OK thanks. I've since installed the FreshJR mod anyway so it's largely academic now.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
I know that you have to set the download/upload speeds manually when using the FreshJR variant of Adaptive QoS, but does the same apply to the original Adaptive QoS?
Yes. Automatic mode merely sets an insanely large value (1 Gbps or 10 Gbps, I forgot), which might allow QoS to mostly work, however it won't do much to help with bufferbloat.