What's new

Setting up Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I know that you have to set the download/upload speeds manually when using the FreshJR variant of Adaptive QoS, but does the same apply to the original Adaptive QoS?

In the 'original', it simply doesn't work as it's supposed to. No matter how you set it up. See the thread for the FreshJR QOS script for the 'why'.

I haven't tested lately if this has changed/improved, but I wouldn't hold my breathe that it did. But as usual, I would love to be proved wrong. :)

In the 'original', it simply doesn't work as it's supposed to. No matter how you set it up. See the thread for the FreshJR QOS script for the 'why'.

I haven't tested lately if this has changed/improved, but I wouldn't hold my breathe that it did. But as usual, I would love to be proved wrong. :)
OK thanks. I've since installed the FreshJR mod anyway so it's largely academic now.

I know that you have to set the download/upload speeds manually when using the FreshJR variant of Adaptive QoS, but does the same apply to the original Adaptive QoS?

Yes. Automatic mode merely sets an insanely large value (1 Gbps or 10 Gbps, I forgot), which might allow QoS to mostly work, however it won't do much to help with bufferbloat.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!