What's new

Setting up robot vacuum on router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Billy Chaney

Regular Contributor
I was just wondering if someone could answer some questions I have on setting up my Router for a Roomba I7 vacuum that I just ordered. 1. Do I have to route the vacuum and my iphone through the wan? 2. Should I create a guest account and if I do will the guest account be behind my VPN client also? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I have had a Roomba I7 vacuum since November in the US. The iPhone needs to be able to find Roomba on the local wireless. The Roomba needs to have internet access. I use my guest VLAN. I am not sure ASUS guest will work. I have Cisco. But let me know. Maybe it can do cloud stuff for setup.

I have had a Roomba I7 vacuum since November in the US. The iPhone needs to be able to find Roomba on the local wireless. The Roomba needs to have internet access. I use my guest VLAN. I am not sure ASUS guest will work. I have Cisco. But let me know. Maybe it can do cloud stuff for setup.
Thank you for the reply. I'll let you know.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!