What's new

Setup Advice to Bypass Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheOneX

New Around Here
I have an AiMesh network setup with an RT-AC3100 and an RP-AC1900 with my primary computer hardwired into the RP-AC1900. Recently I had a wall and doors installed to create an office. This seems to be causing connection issues between the two devices resulting in my computer losing internet. I did find switching to a media bridge helped, but the connection was not stellar.

The biggest thing is I use the computer for gaming, so I'm looking for advice on the cheapest, but sufficient solution to bypass the wall? One thought I had would be to add another node in am adjacent room, in which case I am curious which model people would suggest? The primary router is about 4 years old, so I would be open to buying a new primary router of people think that would help.

Finally, I am also curious if using the Merlin firmware might help with this, or would simply be better to use either way.?

Your RT-AC3100 has a decent range. A new router won't help much. Merlin uses the same wireless drivers as Asus stock. It won't help either. Any chance to move the node a bit closer to the main router? Or perhaps move it outside your "office" and just run a cable inside? Your wife won't mind a small hole on the wall, I guess. She doesn't want to see you after all.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!