What's new

Share What You Know: ASUS RT-AC3200 News, Release Date, Price and Expectations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
off the topic

i think ac6400 might look like this :D

AC6400.jpg

off the topic

i think ac6400 might look like this :D

Actually, I wonder how antennas will be handled on the forthcoming 8x8 Quantenna product... Will manufacturers be forced to switch to internal antennas, or split external and internal antennas?

Actually, I wonder how antennas will be handled on the forthcoming 8x8 Quantenna product... Will manufacturers be forced to switch to internal antennas, or split external and internal antennas?

good question , don't worry about them

they will find away to make it look sexy to some kids at that time :p

Here is what I Know - :)

Expecting North America release within 45 days. I will update the community once we have a firm release schedule set with the resellers.

Here is what I Know - :)

Expecting North America release within 45 days. I will update the community once we have a firm release schedule set with the resellers.

could you please verify if the design is going to change or remain the same as AC68U ?

The first press you guys did it looked like AC87U and later on it appeared on Asus website with a design resemble AC68U

Hopefully it is wall mountable since I really want to try this router out. Still on the RT-AC66R since I returned both the Netgear X6 and RT-AC87...

why did you return the netgear X6 ? , something wrong with it ?

The X6 was very unstable as was the RT87. Frequent disconnects on 5Ghz especially. Smart connect was a mess. I will say that range was a bit better than my AC66 and I was on a early beta firmware but still I did not see any reason to keep it. Lack of jumbo frame support was also another reason to send it back.

Greet news! But what about us here in Europe? :)
Sorry, didn't notice this until now.

AC3200 designs are North America only for now. Too few usable 5 GHz channels in Europe.

This means it will not work in Europe ? or only about channels law issues in Europe ?
It will not be sold outside the U.S. If you bootlegged one, it would work, but only with the channels that are legal in the country it is used in.

To get the benefit of AC3200, you really need eight 5 GHz channels, 4 per radio.

Delivery Update -
The AC3200 will be delayed by about a month to market. After a long beta period we decided to tweak the hardware and a few other items. I will have an update in a couple of weeks as to a firm US release schedule at retail.

Delivery Update -
The AC3200 will be delayed by about a month to market. After a long beta period we decided to tweak the hardware and a few other items. I will have an update in a couple of weeks as to a firm US release schedule at retail.
Gary, can you confirm this is a US only product?

Gary, can you confirm this is a US only product?

What puzzles me is I've seen code in the firmware that specifically point at the AC3200 being supported in the EU region (been a few weeks since I've spotted it so I don't remember the specifics of what I saw). Could they possibly be using the DFS channels for the second band?

What puzzles me is I've seen code in the firmware that specifically point at the AC3200 being supported in the EU region (been a few weeks since I've spotted it so I don't remember the specifics of what I saw). Could they possibly be using the DFS channels for the second band?
They could.

My information comes from Broadcom back in June. Maybe they have further developed the code to remove the US only restriction. That is why I asked Gary for confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!