What's new

Share What You Know: ASUS RT-AC3200 News, Release Date, Price and Expectations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing how Asus has not sorted out the issues on the 87u yet, it amazes me that there are those ready to jump on the 3200 fresh out of the gate.

You said it your self , because ac87u didn't do well people are looking for something else + they took their time tuning it + probably learned from ac87u mistakes. I have faith in this router

they took their time tuning it

Do you have inside information in regards to this statement? Or are you assuming the protracted release date is due to ASUS diligently burning the midnight oil making sure that the AC3200 is the first bug free wireless router in their history. Hope they have a different team on it than those working on the 87u!

Last edited:

Read it all, and don't see it! See some minor comments in regards to testing and tuning, and allot of marketing above it. Sounds like expert insider "JJ" is still pitching the problem plagued 87u platform:

JJ 9 hours ago .Reply

This is a tough question as it depends on usage model. For me I would prefer the 87U it is faster, offer further range and has better storage performance. The AC3200 will shine most in environments with complex multi band dependency. As I am still testing how this plays out in real world usage I would go with the 87U. That being noted I can easily see the value in the design of the AC3200.

I think sticking with an AC1900 router at this time is the best thing to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The base of the case looks similar to the AC87. AC87 has screw slots in the base. the legs help you to position it over the screws, as they create a space. (The slots are in the flat part of the case, not in the legs.)

But looking at the picture, wall-mounting will upset the antenna geometry a bit. I don't know if that will matter.

RT-87U

If you were smart you would stick with the RT-87 U. This is the
superior product even by Asus's own admittance.

CC

If you were smart you would stick with the RT-87 U. This is the
superior product even by Asus's own admittance.

CC

It's situational. If you have many 5 GHz clients that are a mixture of 150N, 450N and 1300AC, then the AC3200 would be a better choice, as the slower 150N clients won't slow down your high speed 1300AC clients.

easier

It's situational. If you have many 5 GHz clients that are a mixture of 150N, 450N and 1300AC, then the AC3200 would be a better choice, as the slower 150N clients won't slow down your high speed 1300AC clients.

Merlin,

Thais easily achieved by steering the slower 150n clients to the 2.4 ghz channel.

CC

Merlin,

Thais easily achieved by steering the slower 150n clients to the 2.4 ghz channel.

Which would then slow down any faster client you might have on the 2.4 GHz band, and are forced to use due to distance.

And in most environment, that 150N client would get dropped to 72 Mbps as you are forced to use 20 MHz channel width on that band. Not ideal.

They have waited ages to release this
then when broadcom anounce a 1.4ghz 4x4 setup
they launch

stupid..

http://investor.broadcom.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=889428

Between the SoC announcement from Broadcom and the release-to-market of a finalized product, expect at the very least 4-6 months (from those rushing to market with a half-baked solution), and 8-12 months (from those polishing the actual product).

There will always be a delay between new SOC announcement and availability of final products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!