What's new

amtm shell commands for IPADOS Shortcuts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kstamand

Occasional Visitor
Instead of manually logging into router via SSH and checking for version updates via AMTM, I’m interested in creating IPADOS Shortcuts to is issue shell commands to do the same. Something like:

amtm sh Diversion and the output would text of “Update - none” or “Update - version #”

Similar to IOS Shortcuts for Diversion is what I’m interested in.

Anything out here already or can I be pointed to commands that could help produce that kind of output from AMTM?

Instead of manually logging into router via SSH and checking for version updates via AMTM, I’m interested in creating IPADOS Shortcuts to is issue shell commands to do the same. Something like:

amtm sh Diversion and the output would text of “Update - none” or “Update - version #”

Similar to IOS Shortcuts for Diversion is what I’m interested in.

Anything out here already or can I be pointed to commands that could help produce that kind of output from AMTM?
FWIW most of my scripts support this directly, e.g.
Code:
connmon help
to get a list of support arguments at the command line

Not yet but I could probably throw something together since I am the coder of amtm and already have a Shortcuts shortcut out for Diversion.
If you don‘t mind i‘d like to handle that.

FWIW most of my scripts support this directly, e.g.
Code:
connmon help
to get a list of support arguments at the command line
It appears I‘m misunderstanding something. When I try amtm help, it does not return a set of command line options as noted.

If it help further explain, I’m hoping to find command line options to produce ssh output that can be returned to the IOS Shortcuts app. In particular,
1. current version Merlin installed and available downloadable release
2. same for Diversion and Skynet

Thanks in advance

It appears I‘m misunderstanding something. When I try amtm help, it does not return a set of command line options as noted.

If it help further explain, I’m hoping to find command line options to produce ssh output that can be returned to the IOS Shortcuts app. In particular,
1. current version Merlin installed and available downloadable release
2. same for Diversion and Skynet

Thanks in advance
Never mind - please disregard this last response. I missed your initial response about “not yet”

Regards

Not yet but I could probably throw something together since I am the coder of amtm and already have a Shortcuts shortcut out for Diversion.
If you don‘t mind i‘d like to handle that.
Curious if there is any progress on this or if there are other priorities in front of this type of capability?

Curious if there is any progress on this or if there are other priorities in front of this type of capability?
The next amtm update will be able to produce a single list for all installed scripts, including amtm itself, Firmware updates and Diversion.
However, the amtm update may come out before the amtm IOS Shortcuts app is ready.

Last edited:
The next amtm update will be able to produce a single list for all installed scripts, including amtm itself, Firmware updates and Diversion.
However, the amtm update may come out before the amtm IOS Shortcuts app is ready.
Great to hear and thanks!!

@thelonelycoder - I may have missed it, but do one of the recent amtm updates allow calling it with a command line parameter, avoiding going into interactive menu mode, to produce a list of installed scripts, along with whether there is an update available for a given script?