What's new

Show what SSID clients is connected to

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alexsus

New Around Here
Hello

Thank you for a superb firmware that makes a grate product even more grate.

But would it be possible for you to ad information in the client status list to show what SSID the client is connected to.

I have currently 2 networks that I use (one 2.4Ghz and one 5Ghz) and then I have a guest network, and it's hard to tell what is connected to what with out having to go in to the wifi log.

/Alex

There is a option that is close already there. Hover the mouse over the wifi icon beside each client. It will show whether on the 2.4 or 5g. That should help some unless you have a lot of guest networks. Maybe not 100% what you are after but should be helpful

The only information that can be obtained from the driver is on which band a client is connected. That information is already available on the Networkmap.

There's no way to determine if a client is connected to a Guest network.

The only information that can be obtained from the driver is on which band a client is connected. That information is already available on the Networkmap.

There's no way to determine if a client is connected to a Guest network.

Then how is it possible to isolate guest network communication from the main lan? That assumes that the guest network is only on one band.

--
Pablo

Then how is it possible to isolate guest network communication from the main lan? That assumes that the guest network is only on one band.

--
Pablo

Because the virtual interface can be managed through ebtables. That does not imply that the wireless driver exposes any particular data.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!