What's new

Signature update missing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DavidHK

Occasional Visitor
I have been on my RT-AC68U for a while (6+ months) and doing firmware upgrades as they have been available. I have noticed in Merlin (in the Administration - Firmware Upgrade page) there is a 'check firmware' and 'update signatures' buttons and there has never been any issues. I have been on 384.9 also since it has been out.

A couple days ago my internet seemed slow and I called my provider who sent someone out. Although the issue was never major and seemed to clear up, the technician 'reset' my router to factory settings and everything was fine (it even seemed more responsive).

I was going through and tweaking my wifi and noticed that the 'Update signature' button (in the Administration - Firmware Upgrade page) was no longer there...???

The firmware still says 384.9 and everything works great.

Any comments as this just seems odd and would like to know...

Thank you for your assistance!
David

I have been on my RT-AC68U for a while (6+ months) and doing firmware upgrades as they have been available. I have noticed in Merlin (in the Administration - Firmware Upgrade page) there is a 'check firmware' and 'update signatures' buttons and there has never been any issues. I have been on 384.9 also since it has been out.

A couple days ago my internet seemed slow and I called my provider who sent someone out. Although the issue was never major and seemed to clear up, the technician 'reset' my router to factory settings and everything was fine (it even seemed more responsive).

I was going through and tweaking my wifi and noticed that the 'Update signature' button (in the Administration - Firmware Upgrade page) was no longer there...???

The firmware still says 384.9 and everything works great.

Any comments as this just seems odd and would like to know...

Thank you for your assistance!
David

Turn on aiprotection

Thanks- that got it showing. Much appreciated for the super fast reply.

I clicked 'check update' and it says downloading... and still says 'downloading' after 5 minutes but never completed.

Rebooted router and tried again... now it says 'Signature Update Completely'... seems like same version as before. Maybe it's just bad English... should it say 'completely'?

OKOK, rebooted again after disabling IPV6 and checked the signature again, now it shows a different signature version and that it was updated. Not sure why the delay in updating... but seems ok now...

Last edited:
Just let it do its thing, it automatically updates itself every two days.