What's new

Simplest QoS option

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fyuqod

New Around Here
On 50 mbit fibre connection. I just need to always have minimum 10 mbit up/down and max 50 mbit per client. There will never be more than 5 competing for the bandwidth, if even that.

I looked at the options but there was just a hard limit or prioritize certain services. AC86U running merlin.

Regards.

Thanks guys. Trying Cake now with 95% up/down and default on the rest. Working great so far on my stress tests

I saw wired a bit too late :) I can do that tomorrow.

Uncrowded 5Ghz, managed to get A+ constantly with 49mbit/49mbit setting.

With 50mbit/50mbit gaming under load didn't pass every time

I don't know why the download speed is in the low 40s. On speedtest.net I get 47 mbit with 49 mbit setting

Looks really nice to me. I wish I had such a connection. Instead I have an LTE connection that swings between 30 and 70 Mbit/s. That, and VPN, makes getting CAKE to work well rather a challenge. Fortunately with custom scripts dynamic bandwidth / VPN is manageable.

Yeah it works great.

@Lynx make sure to get a proper LTE antenna. You can even have it indoor. I got a Poynting xpol-2 (SMA connector) . Speed will of course vary but the connection will be better. Pm me if you have any questions.

On 50 mbit fibre connection. I just need to always have minimum 10 mbit up/down and max 50 mbit per client. There will never be more than 5 competing for the bandwidth, if even that.

I looked at the options but there was just a hard limit or prioritize certain services. AC86U running merlin.

Regards.

To meet that goal, you do not need QOS as the worst case is all devices doing a file transfer at the same time in which case each device would get 1/5 of your 50 Mb link which is 10 Mb.

Morris