What's new

Skynet Skynet 7.2.6 problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MatteoPV

Since I updated Skynet to version 7.2.6, Unbound and Diversion no longer work. Did the same thing happen to anyone?I am using the latest GNUton firmware on Asus DSL AC 68 U

The problem wasn't Skynet but VPN Director. If I put all internet traffic through the VPN tunnel, everything works but if I use the rules in VPN Director, Unbound and Diversion don't work. Now I indicate the issue in the dedicated posts

The problem wasn't Skynet but VPN Director. If I put all internet traffic through the VPN tunnel, everything works but if I use the rules in VPN Director, Unbound and Diversion don't work. Now I indicate the issue in the dedicated posts
I had the same problem. Previously, using Policy Rules with Accept DNS Configuration “Strict” was one of two ways (the other being “Disable”) to have VPN policy rules and Diversion to work. Now it seems that policy rules will not work.

I am no longer using VPN Director and everything works
Yes, same here. I have DNS set to “Exclusive” and all traffic through tunnel to “Yes.” I believe this is now the only way to have Diversion and the VPN to to work? It seems as though “Strict” and policy rules (VPN Director) does not work in conjunction with Diversion.

Exactly, I agree with you. I had used the VPN Director because I wanted the guest network to be in the WAN, while everything else in the VPN. I solved differently. I also use VPN Failover

I had the same problem. Previously, using Policy Rules with Accept DNS Configuration “Strict” was one of two ways (the other being “Disable”) to have VPN policy rules and Diversion to work. Now it seems that policy rules will not work.
thats weird , skynet, diversion, x3mRouting , VPN Director and 3 vpn clients all working here, have you checked for conflicts?
Asuswrt-Merlin-Linux-Shell-Scripts/Chk_ADNS.sh at master · Xentrk/Asuswrt-Merlin-Linux-Shell-Scripts (github.com)
(386.4 alpha)
vpn status.png
Screenshot 2021-09-27 194447.png

Last edited:
thats weird , skynet, diversion, x3mRouting , VPN Director and 3 vpn clients all working here, have you checked for conflicts?
Asuswrt-Merlin-Linux-Shell-Scripts/Chk_ADNS.sh at master · Xentrk/Asuswrt-Merlin-Linux-Shell-Scripts (github.com)
(386.4 alpha)View attachment 36515View attachment 36516
I don’t use x3mRouting, but I’ve previously set DNS as “Strict” and Policy Rules (VPN Director) enabled, but Diversion was not working. I currently have DNS Strict and run everything through the VPN tunnel. If I want Policy Rules enabled and Diversion to work, do I need to have the DNS Relaxed or Disabled?
x3mRouting makes it possible to have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. go through specific VPN clients?

I don’t use x3mRouting, but I’ve previously set DNS as “Strict” and Policy Rules (VPN Director) enabled, but Diversion was not working. I currently have DNS Strict and run everything through the VPN tunnel. If I want Policy Rules enabled and Diversion to work, do I need to have the DNS Relaxed or Disabled?
x3mRouting makes it possible to have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. go through specific VPN clients?
You would need DNS to be disabled for Diversion to work. I used x3mRouting option 3 to bypass the VPN and my streaming apps go thru WAN. I'm not sure if x3m can do what you're trying to do.

Last edited:
Using the VPN and letting all traffic go through the tunnel, it is essential that the DNS are not exposed, so they must be set to 'exclusive'

If I don't use the VPN Director, I have all the traffic in the VPN, the DNS are not exposed, all the addons work fine. I then activated the guest network with YazFi and I keep it in the WAN with a script that the router runs at startup. I use the guest network only for guests or when I want to bypass the VPN, otherwise usually all traffic is in the VPN

Yes and Yes :D
my current /x3mRouting setup;
traffic via "1 0" goes thru wan
traffic via "ALL 1" goes thru vpn1 and so on.
Screenshot 2021-09-28 223410.png

Last edited:
Yes and Yes :D
my current /x3mRouting setup;
traffic via "1 0" goes thru wan
traffic via "ALL 1" goes thru vpn1 an so on.View attachment 36545
What’s the best way to learn how to do this properly? I’d like to have BBC iPlayer go through a UK VPN server and Hulu, Netflix, Prime, etc., go through a US server.