What's new

Skynet Skynet - Router Firewall & Security Enhancements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

For now this looks like the fix, works for me. Line 264
Code:
        if [ "$(wc -l < /jffs/scripts/post-mount)" -lt "2" ]; then
            echo >> /jffs/scripts/post-mount; fi

Adamm,
Just performed a forced update and getting a syntax error.

/jffs/scripts/firewall: line 264: syntax error: unexpected "fi" (expecting "then")
@Adamm after the update starting the firewall generated the following syntax error:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/firewall: line 264: syntax error: unexpected "fi" (expecting "then")

Thanks...
I get the same error when trying to re-install.
it's missing a "then" before the "echo" on line 264

@Adamm

BTW, i can't ban "mi.com"? it's a valid url.

Sorry, I pushed v6.6.3 which should resolve this and some other small bugs. If you are running into the "unexpected fi" error as seen above you can fix it via;

Code:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Adamm00/IPSet_ASUS/master/firewall.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/firewall" && chmod 755 /jffs/scripts/firewall

@Adamm Weird man but I just updated and skynet wasn't started after the update. The loge shows this:
Code:
Nov 20 17:32:27 Skynet: [*] Lock File Detected (update    ) (pid=19848) - Exiting (cpid=20224)

@Adamm I ran:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/firewall start
It runs from there no issues. Strange that after the update that Skynet never started itself.:confused:o_O

I tested:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/firewall-start
Everything works as expected. Hmmmm!o_O

I too just loaded it, and also had to do a manual start. After that, I did a debug info. Verified that I have 6.6.3, and that all tests are OK. Now have 17 tests that say OK!! Thanks Adam for solving this issue.

I can confirm that on reboot everything works again as expected.:):):)

It runs from there no issues. Strange that after the update that Skynet never started itself.

Thanks, I was also able to identify and resolve this. The spinner in some cases would prolong the update process and the restart would abort due to the process being locked. No version change or update required as only the update process is affected (but you can always force update and apply the change now)

Thanks, I was also able to identify and resolve this. The spinner in some cases would prolong the update process and the restart would abort due to the process being locked. No version change or update required as only the update process is affected (but you can always force update and apply the change now)
Sorry bud I just forced update and this was the last log entry for Skynet:
Code:
Nov 20 21:36:19 Skynet: [*] Lock File Detected (update -f   ) (pid=16346) - Exiting (cpid=19736)
So again it some how messed up and didn't get a chance to start.:)

Ok so I re-ran update -f and everything worked fine. Skynet started and all is well.o_O

Is there any way to create an email notification if Skynet is down? I wouldn't have known Skynet had some issue after updating if I did not login to check if everything is running fine. Idea is I hope I can let it run on its own and be notified if there are issues.

Ok so I re-ran update -f and everything worked fine. Skynet started and all is well.o_O

Completely expected and unavoidable, Skynet had to flush out the old code as the issue was within the update function.

Is there any way to create an email notification if Skynet is down? I wouldn't have known Skynet had some issue after updating if I did not login to check if everything is running fine. Idea is I hope I can let it run on its own and be notified if there are issues.

I take responsibilty. I usually go over these updates extensively, this bug went unnoticed because I use a manual update process for developement purposes. I'll work on some sort of watchdog in future updates.

Everything working fine now!!:D:D

Would it be possible to add a WebUI somewhere down the road in order to display all of the statistics?

Like this for example: http://iptablelog.sourceforge.net/
Outside the objective of this project. You need SSH to install. Using it to administer is just common sense. The adaptation to webui would be enormous. I doubt @Adamm would go for it.

Outside the objective of this project. You need SSH to install. Using it to administer is just common sense. The adaptation to webui would be enormous. I doubt @Adamm would go for it.

I agree. I was only after something to the display the stats, not administer the firewall. Graphs are hard to read via CLI.

Would it be possible to add a WebUI somewhere down the road in order to display all of the statistics?

Like this for example: http://iptablelog.sourceforge.net/

I made an attempt at a webui plugin previously, I ended up abandoning the project as I wasn't able to keep things at my own personal high standards due to inexperience with web based design.

About how much RAM does Skynet use in an 86u?
On mine, I was running all the AI network protection stuff, QOS, and have enabled traffic analyzer. This has me hovering at 70% RAM.
Installed Diversion about 2 weeks ago, and now hover between 90-95%. Is this enough for Skynet, or will I just mess up the router?