What's new

Skynet Skynet banning Steam/Instagram/Facebook IPs all of a sudden

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ebalsumgo

Regular Contributor
So all of a sudden post latest upgrade to 7.2.4 after a router reboot i am able to connect to Steam and browse Instagram/Facebook, but after a few minutes IPs get banned for those services for whatever reason (best I am seeing in logs is invalid packets?) and I get booted off y steam account and social media. As soon as I restart Skynet, things work again for a while and then back to the cycle we go. Unsure how to tackle the problem as I am assuming one of the IP lists have added the servers or IP ranges maybe? or maybe it is Skynet being smart and detecting something, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is detecting and causing the disruption.

am i the only one experiencing this? Its now doing it with Netflix too. I guess it could be something with my setup somehow? but i have taken all defaults basically

Have you looked at the second post on this link

Help! - Application.exe or Website.com Is Blocked;

people go to great lengths to block Facebook and instagram - don’t know what Steam is, so I can’t comment - and your router is automatically blocking them for you. Others will be jealous!

Last edited:
yes i have been running debugging for days now, as far as I can tell all of a sudden skynet is seeing these packets as malformed and is banning things, if I wanted them blocked then I will block them with NextDNS, I dont need Skynet to do that.

Yeah so when i restart Skynet, or reboot the router (which does the same to Skynet obvi), things work fine for a bit and then we are back to the weirdness. The latest new symptom is that on Zoom calls the first 30ish seconds... I cannot transmit any voice/video and then my guess is zoom t/o and switches to a server thats not been jammed up by Skynet.

Ultimately I may need to try all of this from a completely reset router, this poor boy has been going his thing for 5 years now and has had a complete wipe and reset (coz there has not been need...) so maybe thats the issue I am facing now.

Yeah so when i restart Skynet, or reboot the router (which does the same to Skynet obvi), things work fine for a bit and then we are back to the weirdness. The latest new symptom is that on Zoom calls the first 30ish seconds... I cannot transmit any voice/video and then my guess is zoom t/o and switches to a server thats not been jammed up by Skynet.

Ultimately I may need to try all of this from a completely reset router, this poor boy has been going his thing for 5 years now and has had a complete wipe and reset (coz there has not been need...) so maybe thats the issue I am facing now.
Have you tried a Skynet uninstall and reinstall yet? So easy and quick to do; if that doesn’t work you could then always reset the router using L&LD’s guides.

So after unrelated other changes that touched NVRAM, things are working like expected again all of a sudden, not sure what would have been stored in there to specifically mess with those services but for anyone reading down the line, try that.

So after unrelated other changes that touched NVRAM, things are working like expected again all of a sudden, not sure what would have been stored in there to specifically mess with those services but for anyone reading down the line, try that.
Try what? Could you be more specific on what "unrelated other changes that touched NVRAM" means?