What's new

Skynet SkyNet Install

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

On my chrome browser yes but not on router level....just have diversion installed which still works....

I was also able to update Entware packages on my router....so there it wasn't blocked. Diversion also working fine, update works fine

it's just that Skynet and ScMerlin fail to download everytime - or make a connections
That's weird, man. Maybe @thelonelycoder has an idea?
As mentioned before by others, Diversion, amtm and Entware are not hosted on GitHub, we both have our own servers. Hence they work while OP has issues accessing GitHub.
I suggest to figure out why GitHub is non-reachable to your router, like fix the issue and don't bother with a workaround.
Using an alternate URL for Skynet to install is useless as the script pulls resources and update info from GitHub anyway. And so does amtm.

amtm rightfully declares Skynet installed because the file /jffs/scripts/firewall is present and has the relevant entries to present the version number.

Last edited:
I know he's futzing around with Github for some reason, but it sounds like his main issue is that after an M&M Reset and full wipe of All The Things, he still can't get Skynet to install. Maybe I misread.

I know he's futzing around with Github for some reason, but it sounds like his main issue is that after an M&M Reset and full wipe of All The Things, he still can't get Skynet to install. Maybe I misread.
I'm am out of my depth here and admit defeat. No idea what the issue could be or how to fix it, I tried everything I could think of and what was suggested here.

Router got a full reset, newest firmware, jffs wipe, somehow github remains unreachable.....everything worked well for a few years, can't think of any reason why my ISP would block this or what other possible reason there could be

I have an external HDD that is connected to my router, but it doesn't show up during Skynet installation when selecting partition to isntall. only option is /tmp/mnt/EFI - (/dev/sda1), and that is not big enough for the swap file.

How do I make my HDD available to Skynet? It's accessible through SSH and I can see all the files on it when navigating to it.

EDIT: I guess NTFS is not supported and I have to format it to ex3 or ext4?

Last edited:
I have an external HDD that is connected to my router, but it doesn't show up during Skynet installation when selecting partition to isntall. only option is /tmp/mnt/EFI - (/dev/sda1), and that is not big enough for the swap file.

How do I make my HDD available to Skynet? It's accessible through SSH and I can see all the files on it when navigating to it.

EDIT: I guess NTFS is not supported and I have to format it to ex3 or ext4?
You are correct!