What's new

Smart TV, Sony X90K connectivity issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Steve40th

Regular Contributor
2022 tv, all firmware, software updates up to date. ASUS AX router RT-AX86U.
Two apps I use are having issues. Stalling as if they are trying to buffer.
One, Pandora shows the Eq bars moving, time in song is moving, yet audio cuts off. I wired it via ethernet. Fixed it, then it went away. Unplugged ethernet, used wifi again, and it goes back and forth to working, and not working.
Netflix does not lose audio, it just stalls, or shuts app down and reverts back to beginning.
Not sure if these are related.
2 laptops work fine.
2 cell phones work fine
ipad works fine
Seems its either the Sony TV cant process Wifi, or Ethernet effectively.
Speeds are 300Mbps with wifi, trying several times. Average basically.
Wired, 100Mbps ( makes no sense unless Sonys port is not correct)

If you're able to use a wired connection, do so.

Control Channel Setup 2021
(from link above)

I think it is a moot point now. I was surfing the pandora and spotify forums. Its an app issue. I tried the wired and it did the same thing.. Interemittent audio, for example.
Then Pandora and Spotify do boiler plate answers. Software, firmware, turn router and tv on and off etc etc.
Neither one of them support the apps on the TVs, as far as updates, software glitches. They have nothing to do with it according to samsung and sony people.
So, I will deal with it. Pay this much for TV, sound bar and the apps arent even supported by the companies.
One way I figure it out is, it would say two people were listening when I was playing it on the tv and my laptop. If I had it playing on laptop and phone, it says someone else is listening, and gives me a choice. So, there is a disconnect.