What's new

[SOLUTION] asus-wrapper-acme.sh Adds --dns Support for Let's Encrypt Wildcard SAN Certs to Integrated Asus acme.sh Implementation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ZeroSSL still offers FREE Wildcard SAN Certs via acme.sh, but does not offer them manually through the web interface. However, it seems something has changed at ZeroSSL initiating this failure with acme.sh, but the cause and resolution are still under investigation.

Hi everyone
I'm trying to make this working on my RT-AX88U Pro running latest Merlin.

I own a FQDN, and I'd like to obtain a wildcard certificate. The one I'm running is valid only for example.com domain, but not for www.example.com
DDNS provider is FreeDNS.

Could somebody please help me?
I'm missing something.

What I've done:
  1. Downloaded latest ACME following this WIKI. Latest files are being installed automatically into /root/.acme.sh/; I copied acme.sh and dnsapi directory into /jffs/sbin directory
  2. asus-wrapper-acme.sh copied in /jffs/sbin; changed only the following parameter: dnsapi="dns_freedns"
  3. note: /usr/sbin/dnsapi/dns_ispman.sh doesn't exist; in that directory I've just dns_asusapi.sh
  4. added mount lines to /jffs/scripts/post-mount
However, when I try to launch asus-acme-wrapper script, I get "Unknown parameter :" error.

Thanks for help
Would you mind sharing what the mount lines are that you added to /jffs/scripts/post-mount? I'm also trying to setup an RT-AX88U Pro and I've followed the steps you've outlined so far, but I'm uncertain what should get added to that file.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Would you mind sharing what the mount lines are that you added to /jffs/scripts/post-mount? I'm also trying to setup an RT-AX88U Pro and I've followed the steps you've outlined so far, but I'm uncertain what should get added to that file.

Are you looking for the mount command to mount over the firmware version of acme.sh? If so, the command would look something like;

Code:
mount --bind /opt/home/acme/acme.sh /usr/sbin/acme.sh

You would have to adjust the path to where you put the downloaded version of acme.sh

Are you looking for the mount command to mount over the firmware version of acme.sh? If so, the command would look something like;

Code:
mount --bind /opt/home/acme/acme.sh /usr/sbin/acme.sh

You would have to adjust the path to where you put the downloaded version of acme.sh

Yes, that helps. Thank you.

I've got it working now. Thanks for sharing your scripts with the world.

You may need to mount bind the dnsapi directory as well:

Code:
/bin/mount -o bind /jffs/sbin/dnsapi /usr/sbin/dnsapi
/bin/mount -o bind /jffs/sbin/asus-wrapper-acme.sh /usr/sbin/acme.sh

You may need to mount bind the dnsapi directory as well:

Code:
/bin/mount -o bind /jffs/sbin/dnsapi /usr/sbin/dnsapi
/bin/mount -o bind /jffs/sbin/asus-wrapper-acme.sh /usr/sbin/acme.sh
Good point. I get around this by specifying the home directory where I installed acme.sh on my SSD drive via the --home option.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!