What's new

Solved [SOLVED]Syslog Flooded With "nf_conntrack" Errors, RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I wonder if the GUI tracked connections are related to the NF contrack error, I remember reading that you changed the max tracked connections to 300 as well as allowing it to refresh even when it went over please correct me if I'm wrong.
I changed what the GUI will display, not what the router is doing at the kernel level.
Wait hold up wouldn't that cause a conflict with a script that is designed to re start nf_contrack if it hits a certain limit of connections?
If you have opted-in to reset conntrack in FlexQoS, it is flushing all the connections (resetting count to 0), so I don't think that would be considered a conflict. But this is why it's opt-in. Only activate it if you think you need it.
But on a positive note you have done such an amazing job with the script that after I removed the NF contrack script and reset my router to factory and did a manual re configure I'm able to have a stable and extremely clear video chat with my girlfriend who is overseas which is a first.
Thank you. Happy to help make a love connection!

I changed what the GUI will display, not what the router is doing at the kernel level.

If you have opted-in to reset conntrack in FlexQoS, it is flushing all the connections (resetting count to 0), so I don't think that would be considered a conflict. But this is why it's opt-in. Only activate it if you think you need it.

You are correct after removing the script to mod con track the error came back so now I'm not sure what the issue is exactly or how to fix it sadly.

I did the fix listed in this thread and use flexQoS. What's my best course of action for Everything to work best and no errors? Undo the fix and then enable this? @dave14305

I did the fix listed in this thread and use flexQoS. What's my best course of action for Everything to work best and no errors? Undo the fix and then enable this? @dave14305
I don’t really have any idea what you should or shouldn’t do. This isn’t my nut to crack. The only question is why are those modules being modprobed, and should they be there on an AX88U?

Edit: @RMerlin lost the -q option when he moved modprobe from rc.h to shared.h. https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/commit/1c7422234a09f97694a1d796a1da9addc83435c6

Last edited:
I don’t really have any idea what you should or shouldn’t do. This isn’t my nut to crack. The only question is why are those modules being modprobed, and should they be there on an AX88U?

Edit: @RMerlin lost the -q option when he moved modprobe from rc.h to shared.h. https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/commit/1c7422234a09f97694a1d796a1da9addc83435c6

I actually have a 86u.

What does this edit mean for me??? Or who can help define the fix?

It’s up to Merlin to decide if this is intentional or unintentional. But either way, these modprobe messages aren‘t significant as Merlin hushed them in 2017:

functionally this has no effect. It simply prints an error message if the kernel module insert/remove experienced an issue.. it's good for debugging (for programmers).

Just installed Diversion and Skynet finally, in addition to FlexQoS Ive had for awhile on my 86u.
I am seeing this error still/again
nf_conntrack: expectation table full

Edit: after a fresh reboot, I see FlexQoS clear it, but then in about 20-30 mins it is full again. I'm not running any unusual setup or devices.

Last edited:
Just installed Diversion and Skynet finally, in addition to FlexQoS Ive had for awhile on my 86u.
I am seeing this error still/again
nf_conntrack: expectation table full

Edit: after a fresh reboot, I see FlexQoS clear it, but then in about 20-30 mins it is full again. I'm not running any unusual setup or devices.
Odd I haven't seen it for ages what firmware version are you running at the moment?

Brand new ac86u flashed right to 384.19, ran FlexQoS for a week or so , then yesterday installed usb. Then did diversion and Skynet.
You did the factory reset going form stock to Merlin before installing scripts?

Yes :(
Should I open a new thread?
No one else getting this?
You might want to it could be a bug, but in the meantime I'd use that old script to expand the contrack table.

I also forgot to ask did you do the format jffs at next reboot before doing the script installation?

It'll wipe.

Wipe all router settings or just my FlexQoS?
FlexQoS was installed before the USB....
Then I installed USB drive with Diversion and Skynet.....

I don't have desire to wipe all router settings, but wouldn't mind reinstalling the 3 apps.....

I've had to disable AI Prot due to the 'new' DCD tainted being back with 19....
Ugh :(

I just noticed your reply to another thread and responded to it too

Just to direct those with similar issue to further look it up here - https://www.snbforums.com/threads/weird-bug-with-executing-nat-start-scripts.72995/

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!