What's new

YazFi [Solved] Yazfi (again, same problem ever)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Global filter set to router.png
Spanning tree is on.png
Diversion obviously not working all the time.png
Wan settings1.png
Wan Settings DNS1.png

The router VPN client doesn't support IPv6 neither does YazFi.
Where is the information about that? I've been looking at different VPN providers.
And have been trying to find out how i can use my OVPN service with Merlin. And it seems it works fine with IPV6 as long as i don't enable Yazfi.

Again, it is probably just some setting that i didn't set correctly, but running the VPN with only my clients and not YazFi is actually working well so im a bit confused.

Also tried YazFi without VPN and i get problems directly.
I like the features of YazFi and desperatly want to be able to use it with my Router.

Is it my Router modell Rt-AX86U that is the problem? It's like barely two month old :(

I will try the instruction that Merlin mentions on the page below as i have seen this on other VPN providers help forum.

....................While writing this post i actually did follow Merlins litle OVPN snippet and it worked fine.
Will next try it with YazFi.

Many are moving to Wireguard, which is not the easiest to install on on any Asuswrt or Merlin FW.
I just read a news from my ISPs VPN service that they just did a massive uppgrade in Speed, stability and security and asked their customer to try to move away from OVPN.
My ISP is the company that hosted thepiratebay.
They are all about integrity and keeping their customers anonymous. That's why they are moving in this direction.

I also looked at another popular VPN provider - Mullvad.
They even link to supported routers with Merlin FW (Yes mine is not on the list but it might be (outdated) In the end they explain that if you get an IPV6 leak you could add the commands that Merlin mentions in the link above.

Supported router models​

Asuswrt-merlin officially supports the following router models:

• RT-AC66U_B1 (same firmware as the RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC68U (including revisions C1 and E1)
  • RT-AC68P (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC68UF (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC87
  • RT-AC3200
  • RT-AC88U
  • RT-AC3100
  • RT-AC5300
  • RT-AC1900 (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC1900P (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
  • RT-AC86U (starting with version 382.1)
  • RT-AC2900 (same firmware as RT-AC86U)
  • RT-AX88U
  • RT-AX56U
  • RT-AX58U
  • RT-AX3000 (same firmware as RT-AX58U)
I'll get back when trying with YazFi again,

In the meanwhile i must say that i do not know what this is or why it comes up, but it does it only when i have YazFi enabled and are turning on or off the guest wifi in the WebUi or just changing something.
I always activate Chromes "Inspect" when i get this kind of errors, and The routers WebUi seems very unstable and has been like this for me since i got my old AC68U around 2015 or 16. But this is exceptional. I had it in all the betas, in the 386.1 and now in the 1_2 also. Definitely Did a full reset several times and reformatted my Thumbdrive and did the three times remove Jffs. with reeboots and everything.
fbwifi (2)_LI.jpg
YazFi Gui errors in chrome Facebook Wifi.png
YazFi Gui errors in chrome.png

Attachments

• fbwifi (2)_LI.jpg
    fbwifi (2)_LI.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 75

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!