What's new

Some sites just load after refreshing many times

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

harrenkyym

Occasional Visitor
Hello, I have an ASUS RT-AC87U tweaked with Entware, Skynet and just a few more things, like SFTP server. My Merlin version is 384.13_1. I did that two months ago more or less.

That said, since a week ago more or less, I'm having an issue, some sites don't load in the first term, I have to refresh and refresh and refresh... then the site loads. Some other pages load normally. They are not specifically sites and sometimes a site that loaded well a day ago or just some hours ago, suddenly loads with problems or ir doesn't load at all and I have to F5 over and over again.

I'm getting mad... could you help me?

Thank you, guys.

What is your DNS setup? Which provider? Using DNS-over-TLS?

Hello, I have an ASUS RT-AC87U tweaked with Entware, Skynet and just a few more things, like SFTP server. My Merlin version is 384.13_1. I did that two months ago more or less.

That said, since a week ago more or less, I'm having an issue, some sites don't load in the first term, I have to refresh and refresh and refresh... then the site loads. Some other pages load normally. They are not specifically sites and sometimes a site that loaded well a day ago or just some hours ago, suddenly loads with problems or ir doesn't load at all and I have to F5 over and over again.

I'm getting mad... could you help me?

Thank you, guys.

Do you have aiProtect turned on? Turn it off and try browsing

Do you have aiProtect turned on? Turn it off and try browsing

No, I don't.

What is your DNS setup? Which provider? Using DNS-over-TLS?

I did change it too (I'm not 100% sure but I think it was the Google one) and after the issue started to happening I rechanged them to the Quad9 setup. And I still having the problem...
DNS Privacy Protocol is set to none, so no DNS-over-TLS.

No, I don't.

I did change it too (I'm not 100% sure but I think it was the Google one) and after the issue started to happening I rechanged them to the Quad9 setup. And I still having the problem...
DNS Privacy Protocol is set to none, so no DNS-over-TLS.
Have you tried it with your ISP dns settings

The only time I experienced something similar was when one of the DNS entries was incorrect. I know you've already made various changes in this regard, but still sounds like the most likely culprit.

I'd suggest trying something extremely simple as a test and then work on your complex setup after.

Disable ALL the Skynet and other "extra" related items. Put only 2 DNS servers, I'd suggest google as you know the IP addresses (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4). Put them in manually on your PC or whatever you are using to test. Slowly add things back and test as you go.

Last edited:
Is there something strange in those logs?

Thank you, guys.

Tell us about your pc setup. Is this on one computer you see the browsing issue or multiple devices. Is the pc grabbing auto or did you hardcode settings in it? If so, that "could" be the issue. Tablets and/or phones? How are they?

About that I'm just gonna say that my brother started having problems with his laptop at the same time, so in my opinion it's not a pc setup stuff.

The only time I experienced something similar was when one of the DNS entries was incorrect. I know you've already made various changes in this regard, but still sounds like the most likely culprit.

I'd suggest trying something extremely simple as a test and then work on your complex setup after.

Disable ALL the Skynet and other "extra" related items. Put only 2 DNS servers, I'd suggest google as you know the IP addresses (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4). Put them 8n manually on your PC 9r whatever you are using to test.

I think I will uninstall everything. But it's weird because it has been working perfect for two months. :/

About that I'm just gonna say that my brother started having problems with his laptop at the same time, so in my opinion it's not a pc setup stuff.

I think I will uninstall everything. But it's weird because it has been working perfect for two months. :/
I'd do a total factory restore on it, ISP dns settings, NO aiProtect stuff on. See how it behaves a few days. Then if you're sure you want those scripts and things added back, do them one at a time a few days apart so you can see which one is causing an issue (if any).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!