What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - Automated speedtests with graphs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Initially yes, but it was resolved after a reboot of the router.
Thanks for checking. I can't reboot right now, but will schedule one for 2am. I'll see if it's resolved tomorrow morning.

Updated my second router to 3.2.0 and it also added a new SpeedTest tab:
View attachment 21144

Any one else getting this too?
Similar, I got two Diversion Stats pages during the upgrade to 384.15 alpha. I don't think it's an issue with either Diversion or spdmerlin, it's some artifact of the upgrade process. Rebooting solved it for me, it should be resolved for you tomorrow after your reboot.

Now that i did break. Please try running the install command again.
Thanks it is working now.
It installed and worked without a problem.
In field 7 I see the scheduled time as I saw a user having a problem.
I set it as a test and it worked

I hard-coded the server ID today because the preferred server was never in the CSV control list so validation always fails.

Maybe there could be an option in the future that server IDs will also be accepted as preferred server.

upload_2020-2-9_18-17-48.png

Just installed spdMerlin (v3.2.1) on the new 384.15 fw and noted the manual test via the Web interface do not seem to run. I do get the "Apply settings" notice but no results shown after the message disappears. The tests I run from the SSH terminal do show-up in the web interface graphs, only running automated test during a few night hours btw.

Any other people unable to do a manual test from the web interface?

Thumbs op for the developer! Combined with the install scripts it's very easy to work with!

Any other people unable to do a manual test from the web interface?

Running the same firmware as you on my AC86 and the manual test from the GUI works just fine.

Running the same firmware as you on my AC86 and the manual test from the GUI works just fine.
That's odd... I'm on the same hardware. Tried to enable and disable the schedule for automatic checks but with the same result, no manual test possible from the web. From SSH it all works so no big issue. Will have a look tomorrow if I can find why.

I have a newbie question. When running the Speedtest, does it get limited by the qos speeds that I have configured on the adaptive qos config?

I hard-coded the server ID today because the preferred server was never in the CSV control list so validation always fails.

Maybe there could be an option in the future that server IDs will also be accepted as preferred server.

I second this request.

v3.2.3 is now available
Changelog:
Code:
Allow use of server ID not given by 10 nearest
Very quick response. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-T805 using Asus RT-AC86U & Merlin 384.13

I'm noticing a weird issue, I pay for 400/20 and have no problem getting above that download speed, however none of the spdmerlin results ever get anywhere close, they all max at right about 200. Any ideas why this may be?

I'm noticing a weird issue, I pay for 400/20 and have no problem getting above that download speed, however none of the spdmerlin results ever get anywhere close, they all max at right about 200. Any ideas why this may be?
you sure it's spd not speedtest issue? have you tried to test directly with speedtest?

If you look at the disclaimers for spdMerlin it explicitly states it won't work for connection speeds above 250Mbps as the router isn't capable of handling it.

The updated spdmerlin that uses the Ookla CLI is capable of speeds above 250 Mbps. I would try different test servers as some are faster than others. @JGodfrey82 what model router are you using?
spdMerlin: Speedtest results - Download: 905.09 Mbps (data used: 1.1 GB) - Upload: 912.24 Mbps (data used: 1.1 GB)