What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - Automated speedtests with graphs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Love your work, Just one issue with me not sure if its a bug or something else, the timestamps are GMT although my time zone is +10.00. is there anything can be done to fix or is this how it was intended.

upload_2020-5-21_21-51-43.png

Feedback wanted! Rather than having separate charts for download and upload, and a set of charts shown separately for each period, I'm considering opting for a combined chart, with a dropdown selector for the period you want to see, which would look something like this: https://puu.sh/FNOuF/089b74fc7d.png

What are people's thoughts on this? This isn't something that I can make "either or", and would be a replacement for the existing design which would cease to exist

NOTE: CSVs would still be exported for each period, but download and upload would be comnbined

Feedback wanted! Rather than having separate charts for download and upload, and a set of charts shown separately for each period, I'm considering opting for a combined chart, with a dropdown selector for the period you want to see, which would look something like this: https://puu.sh/FNOuF/089b74fc7d.png

What are people's thoughts on this? This isn't something that I can make "either or", and would be a replacement for the existing design which would cease to exist

NOTE: CSVs would still be exported for each period, but download and upload would be comnbined
Yes vote from me.

I sure think it is much better than the current graphs. Too much scrolling at the moment.

Yes for me.
- Will look a lot better and less scrolling to do.
- Would you also be able to accommodate my earlier request of starting the graph from 0 to max value?

i think this is a nicer use of display real estate, but the graph may need to have 2 scales (one on the left, one on the right), if the max speeds for up/down are quite asymmetric?

Last edited:
i think this is a nicer use of display real estate, but the graph may need to have 2 scales (one on the left, one on the right), if the max speeds for up/down are quite asymmetric?
I contemplated dual axis, but my 350/35 connection looks OK. Added bonus, clicking the legend will show/hide the dataset so you can focus on one particular metric:

43cad132fa.png

I contemplated dual axis, but my 350/35 connection looks OK. Added bonus, clicking the legend will show/hide the dataset so you can focus on one particular metric
does scale change when focusing on just one of the metrics?
my connection is 600/15

Hi all, when I use option 3 or 4 I get an error:
Code:
[: bad number
/jffs/scripts/spdmerlin: line 1921: jq: not found
1956)

Also I cannot use Option 2:
Code:
Choose an option:    2

spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using None configured for WAN interface

[2020-05-23 17:16:53.319] [error] Configuration - Specified invalid server ID number (InvalidServerId)
Error: near line 2: near ",": syntax error

spdMerlin: Speedtest results -  -

Press enter to continue...

Did I miss something in the settings ?

Hi all, when I use option 3 or 4 I get an error:
Code:
[: bad number
/jffs/scripts/spdmerlin: line 1921: jq: not found
1956)

Also I cannot use Option 2:
Code:
Choose an option:    2

spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using None configured for WAN interface

[2020-05-23 17:16:53.319] [error] Configuration - Specified invalid server ID number (InvalidServerId)
Error: near line 2: near ",": syntax error

spdMerlin: Speedtest results -  -

Press enter to continue...

Did I miss something in the settings ?
try
Code:
opkg update && opkg install jq

Yes for me.

Thanks for all the constant improvements.