What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - Automated speedtests with graphs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It’s been a while since I poked my head in on this thread - v4 looks like it will be brilliant!

Hi! Got SPDMerlin installed again and working beautifully with 384.18 .... love this tool and the graphs it produces!
I have one suggestion: Include a column with the target server name on the "last ten speedtest results" table.
Great job Jack Yaz!

Hi! Got SPDMerlin installed again and working beautifully with 384.18 .... love this tool and the graphs it produces!
I have one suggestion: Include a column with the target server name on the "last ten speedtest results" table.
Great job Jack Yaz!

This would be nice info to include as there are a few servers near me that aren't capable of testing my full connection so if I see a low value I don't know if it was that server or some other issue. And it also looks like there is room in the chart for another column. The issue might be that the field length is more unknown compared to the current fields. Perhaps there is a way to concatenate the result to the first x characters for the chart. Should be able to determine which server it is based the first 10 to 15 characters.

My issue exactly, some servers are simply too slow. I would like to keep the flexibility of choosing dynamically a server but be able to ignore outliers.
10-15 chars should do. Also you can use something like the tag alt="full name" on the html so when you hover over the cell you get to read all the server name.
This would be nice info to include as there are a few servers near me that aren't capable of testing my full connection so if I see a low value I don't know if it was that server or some other issue. And it also looks like there is room in the chart for another column. The issue might be that the field length is more unknown compared to the current fields. Perhaps there is a way to concatenate the result to the first x characters for the chart. Should be able to determine which server it is based the first 10 to 15 characters.

Hey! I just finished setting up an RT-AC68U. When I went to the Addons, I noticed that the SpeedTest and Uptime Monitoring tabs go to the same page, the connmon page, user4.asp

This is with 384.19

Where do I report this?

Also, noticed on one of the screen captures there was a tab named "Cable Modem Stats". What is this? I haven't seen this before.

Thanks!

Hey! I just finished setting up an RT-AC68U. When I went to the Addons, I noticed that the SpeedTest and Uptime Monitoring tabs go to the same page, the connmon page, user4.asp

This is with 384.19

Where do I report this?

Also, noticed on one of the screen captures there was a tab named "Cable Modem Stats". What is this? I haven't seen this before.

Thanks!
Can you try a reboot please?

That worked. The tab orders and corresponding pages/urls changed as well. Thanks...

Now what about that "cable stats" tab/page?

And...could I not have just restarted the web ui instead of rebooting? Just curious.

That worked. The tab orders and corresponding pages/urls changed as well. Thanks...

Now what about that "cable stats" tab/page?

And...could I not have just restarted the web ui instead of rebooting? Just curious.
Cable stats are from my modmon script

No, restarting the webui wouldn't help. Extra tabs get edited in to a temporary file on startup. While you could edit the file to remove the duplicate entries and then rerun the startup command, a reboot is often quicker

My issue exactly, some servers are simply too slow. I would like to keep the flexibility of choosing dynamically a server but be able to ignore outliers.
10-15 chars should do. Also you can use something like the tag alt="full name" on the html so when you hover over the cell you get to read all the server name.
I'll put this on the to-do for v4. Development has hit a bit of a wall lately, for lack of motivation if nothing else (work is proving demanding lately).

I'll put this on the to-do for v4. Development has hit a bit of a wall lately, for lack of motivation if nothing else (work is proving demanding lately).
Work is overrated, Jack. ;)

Adding it to the V4 plan sounds fair. I am a good script coder and would love to help, unfortunately the scripting language I know (Rexx, originally developed in the 90's for IBM Mainframes running the VM/370 OS) is not a favorite in the Unix world even though it works just fine there....

Hi,
I am getting this error when I am trying to run a speedtest from ssh.
[2020-09-10 17:47:12.016] [error] Limit reached:

<html>
<head><title>429 Too Many Requests</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>429 Too Many Requests</h1></center>
<hr><center>openresty</center>
</body>
</html>

Error: near line 2: near ",": syntax error

That's what syslog says:
1599757259565.png

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am getting this error when I am trying to run a speedtest from ssh.
[2020-09-10 17:47:12.016] [error] Limit reached:

<html>
<head><title>429 Too Many Requests</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>429 Too Many Requests</h1></center>
<hr><center>openresty</center>
</body>
</html>

That's what syslog says:
View attachment 26130

Any ideas?
Thanks.

@Jack Yaz
I'm getting the same error as well !!!

sounds like ookla/speedtest.net are rate limiting you for some reason :confused:
Just the 2 of us ?

That's strange ... it has to be related with something else ...
Can we investigate from whitin the script ... maybe I can run a speestest from another server?

Still the same error ... but I think is has something to do with accepting the licens
You must accept the license agreements for Speedtest CLI. Do you want to continue? (y/n) Note: This will require an initial speedtest to run, please be patient y
spdMerlin: Licenses accepted and saved to persistent storage
spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using None configured for WAN interface
[2020-09-10 19:41:33.463] [error] Configuration - Specified invalid server ID number (InvalidServerId)

spdMerlin: Speedtest results - -

Press enter to continue...
So I choose the server myself ... option 3 from the script and it worked...

Now after I run the test selecting the server myself it also works when I do run another test as auto from ssh - option 1. Maybe gspannu can confirm if this works for him as well.

For whatever reason, this is now working... :)

I uninstalled and reinstalled SpdMerlin and tried just now (after reading the previous posts to try and manually select a server). It seems to work even with Automatic server selection.

So, all good.... as @Jack Yaz says, it might have been a SpeedTest glitch at some specific servers !