What's new

SquidGuard & ClamAV for protection really useful?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Paradise

Occasional Visitor
I run pfSense and have SquidGuard & ClamAV setup but don't know if it really makes sense.

I think Adblock Plus is better because some sites don't work if you block the ad's and it's easier to temporarily disable Adblock in your browser.

The reason for me to use ClamAV was that i want to protect devices where you can't install AV-Software or where i think AV-Software is to much - TVs, consoles, Android...
Everything today is connected to the web...
But on the other side: are there really viruses for that kind of devices?

What do you think/use?

I run pfSense and have SquidGuard & ClamAV setup but don't know if it really makes sense.

I think Adblock Plus is better because some sites don't work if you block the ad's and it's easier to temporarily disable Adblock in your browser.

The reason for me to use ClamAV was that i want to protect devices where you can't install AV-Software or where i think AV-Software is to much - TVs, consoles, Android...
Everything today is connected to the web...
But on the other side: are there really viruses for that kind of devices?

What do you think/use?

SquidGaurd and ClamAV compliment each other - using them, along with a client based solution (MS Defender/Security Essentials) pretty much keeps things clean...

AdBlockers - totally different set of use cases/requirements...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!