What's new

SRX5308 vs TL-ER6120

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OxOOCOFFEE

New Around Here
I am looking into getting one of them. Does any one state their opinion on stability and throughput WAN/LAN and concurrent connection max? WITH latest firmware? Support?

Which one would you pick and stay away?

How is CLI? cisco like?

Thanx

I have only used and own a TL-ER6120. It is a very stable router. I fired it up and ran it for 58 days the first time and 23 days the second time after a firmware upgrade.
It has a good Gui which does not require a reboot after changes. It just takes the changes in stride and just keeps running. It is a rack mount unit with a real power cord which is nice for my rack. The unit is also quiet like a small consumer router. I would say the weak point is vlan support as the unit does not support vlan tags. I do not need vlan tags as I run an Untangle server, a UTM device, behind the router which also does not support vlan tags.

There is a thread on this site you might check out.

SRX5308 has 512MB of RAM ER6120 only has 128MB DDR2 of RAM.

Over inflated 200,000 concurrent connections on SRX5308 but goes to show ou like with ASUS reported 300,000.

My ER6120 ran for 6 months without any issues. I have mine on APS so it's never off until last month lost power from 1am to 8am battery backup good for 1 hr. So that's the first time because of bad underground power cable.

Other than that the ER6120 runs without any problems. I don't use VPN here so if you require VPN you might want to get SRX5308. ER6120 rated to Enterprise Network not any thing you would pick off the shelf at your local Walmart store not there even if you look for it.

I still haven't done any upgrades only once when I got it.. I always recording so the 4x Network HD 1080p tuners are going. I am not shutting down anything for now.. Heavy Online Gaming, Heavy Media Streaming, File Sharing, Network Printing. File transfers of 1.6GB goes quick here.

Network task are just fine.

Downloads with the 132mbps and 21mbps for uploads. No issues.

Your needs may vary than ours here.

Since 2012 TL-ER6120 still working perfect along with it's matching managed Layer2 switch. I am doing a network refresh replacing ethernet cables swapping out the old for the new. But other than that this router perfect. Now 2014 in a few months 2 years and running heavy duty here. With all the brown outs (power dips) no issues with the router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!