What's new

ssh broken pipe - Somehow related to NAT Acceleration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

binarymelon

New Around Here
I want to start this off by saying I don't think this is remotely the fault of the Merlin firmware. I'm just reasonably confident it's networking related and figured could maybe get pointed in the right direction from someone here.

I am getting broken pipe errors connecting to specifically github.com and gitlab.com. At the moment I have no other remote servers to test. I have tried my local server through my DDNS and it works, but I'm not sure if there's any routing happening there to keep me internal.

This only seems to happen with the -T flag (disable pseudo-terminal allocation) on ssh. This is used by git when connecting with ssh. The error also goes away when I disable NAT Acceleration. This issue is specific to my macbook pro and I have tried multiple version of openssh (using LibreSSL and OpenSSL).

There are no related logs in the mac system.log or in the router logs either.

I'm at a complete loss.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!