What's new

SSH : impossible to activate

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello martinr and everyone,

1) @thelonelycoder :
KIT : keep in touch
BR : Best Regards
FB : fot my name and surname

2) I am on the L&LD’s guide:
I don't understand "custom settings to the jffs partition". Is it the same thing as "backup cfg file" ?

One such item that comes to mind are OpenVPN certificates and keys. They’re stored in jffs. I got the impression you are setting up the router from scratch so you don’t have OpenVPN set up or anything else for that matter so your jffs will not need backing up.

• Disable network share : I can't find how to do it
  • Disable NFSD : What is it ? I can't find how to do it
  • Disable FTP : I can't find how to do it
  • Change device name (if needed), set Force as Master Browser and indicate the Work Group name (these steps are optional for some home users) : set Force ???
  • Disable WDS : wireless / WDS / Mode access point / AP Only : is it enough to let AP Only ???
  • Uncheck Xbox and B/G protection (Both bands) : I can't find how to do it
  • Control Channel: set manually after testing each channel.
  • Preamble Type: Short : I can't find how to do it

sorry it goes away too fast....
Actually, for SSH, and generally speaking, for my every modifications in the settings, it seems to be possible now to make sustainable modifications.
But for the different points above, I don't know how to do it...I continue to search....

Disable network share : I can't find how to do it
Disable NFSD : What is it ? I can't find how to do it
Disable FTP : I can't find how to do it
Change device name (if needed), set Force as Master Browser and indicate the Work Group name (these steps are optional for some home users) : set Force ???
All these options are found under the USB Applications / Media Services and Servers

Disable WDS : wireless / WDS / Mode access point / AP Only : is it enough to let AP Only ???
Just leave it as it is.

Uncheck Xbox and B/G protection (Both bands) : I can't find how to do it
Control Channel: set manually after testing each channel.
Wireless - General

Preamble Type: Short : I can't find how to do it
Wireless - Professional

Ok many thanks

I’m sure you’ll now appreciate the (at least) one benefit of manually inputting your settings: you really get to know your way around all the pages and tabs and sub-menys in the gui.

Pleased you’ve now got a stable, reliable router.

Yes sure, the asus rt-ac88u router with asuswrt-merlin is a really fantastic tool. I discover it and also this great snbforums that I didn't know before.
Many thanks all again ;-)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!