What's new

Stable GSM router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StephanK

Occasional Visitor
I need to provide internet to a remote location. It will be used for automated 1-2 mails per day. Currently, I use a SIM card that charges $5/month for 500MB.

I bought a T-Mobile WiFi Hotspot Coolpad Surf Cp331A 4G LTE. This runs absolutely fine, but I have to manually reboot the router once a week when it stops working. It has no access from outside and no function to reboot itself.

Do you know any router that has built-in GSM and is very stable?

Buy a timer 'cord' that reboots it daily. Much cheaper.

Why not? :)

Hi there, I recently spent my Internet on the farm and also looked for a modem that uses a sim card and gsm, found a solution in the form of a modem on linux, I think you can make your own custom settings for the modem and get what you want. Like I took this one: http://bestcell.solutions/s42_dk/ you can still see similar modems from Amazon, I saw this one but unfortunately I already lost the link(

I would love to find something that is proven to work very stably. Cost is not so much a factor.

@StephanK - For something next-level that will just work and never need reboots, I'd look at the likes of Peplink, CradlePoint, Digi, Sierra and similar. Something carried by the likes of 5GStore.com. Since this is a lighter duty use-case, you should be able to get away with entry-level models from any of those brands.

I have been using a Netgear LB1120 in bridge mode for a couple of years now on an AT&T account and have found it to be very reliable.