What's new

start up script ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Because "…This space will survive reboot (but it might NOT survive firmware flashing, so back it up first before flashing!)."

The reason is a flash layout: JFFS uses free space left in flash, which is not occupied by firmware. When firmware length changes after update, JFFS has to be relocated too, which mean it's old content will be lost.

This is one of the rarely mentioned benefit of the RT-AC66U/AC56U: with 128 MB of flash on these two, that 32 MB I set aside for JFFS will never be overwritten, unless Asus were to change the layout (for instance if they ever implement dual firmware partitions).

And even for that latter scenario, I made the RT-AC56U move the JFFS partition at the end of the memory map, leaving the unused 64 MB available for Asus to play with.

THX all.
Now its running!:p

Horst

This is one of the rarely mentioned benefit of the RT-AC66U/AC56U: with 128 MB of flash on these two, that 32 MB I set aside for JFFS will never be overwritten, unless Asus were to change the layout (for instance if they ever implement dual firmware partitions).

And even for that latter scenario, I made the RT-AC56U move the JFFS partition at the end of the memory map, leaving the unused 64 MB available for Asus to play with.

Hi Merlin,

How exactly do you do this?