What's new

Starting 5ghz wifi on RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Darren Rockach

Regular Contributor
I have an RT-AX88U with the latest Merlin firmware.
I've noticed that if I add a mac filter it stops the 5ghz wifi.
I've tried some suggestions I have found in various threads on here for restarting it via cli but none seem to work. Can someome please tell me how I can do this without needing to reboot?

Thanks

Code:
service restart_wireless

Thanks but I've tried that and it didn't seem to do anything. It certainly didn't make the 5ghz wifi work. So far I've only managed to get it working again after adding a new entry to the mac filter list by rebooting the whole router.

I have an RT-AX88U with the latest Merlin firmware.
I've noticed that if I add a mac filter it stops the 5ghz wifi.
I've tried some suggestions I have found in various threads on here for restarting it via cli but none seem to work. Can someome please tell me how I can do this without needing to reboot?

Thanks

What are you really trying to effectively accomplish with MAC filtering?

Not that it has anything to do with the question but I had relatives over for the new year and they are technology heavy. Their devices at one time have been connected to both my internal wifi and more recently my guest wifi which is where I prefer them as the kids are young and have god knows what installed and I'd like to keep that away from my internal devices. Asking them to remove the internal wifi from their devices would seem both rude and would be a waste of breath so I chose to add mac filters for each of their devices. This forced them on to the guest wifi. Mission accomplished except that I noticed when adding additional devices each time it crashed the 5ghz wifi and the only way to bring it back was to reboot, hence my question.