What's new

Static DHCP list not shown in UI following update to 3004.388.4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

badger

New Around Here
I recently updated my RT-AX88U to 3004.388.4 and noticed the static DHC list is completely gone form the UI.
I specify it is only gone from the UI because i tried adding new entries to the list and those do not show in the UI either. I had a large list of entries saved and i suspect they're still in the config and there is just a bug in the UI.
Wondering if anyone has any idea how to fix this without having to completely wipe the router settings and start from scratch..

I already tried re-applying the update and received the same result.

Attachments

• dhcp.png
    dhcp.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 38
Did you reset the router with the WPS method after flashing the new firmware? Sometimes it takes a few resets.

I recently updated my RT-AX88U to 3004.388.4 and noticed the static DHC list is completely gone form the UI.
I specify it is only gone from the UI because i tried adding new entries to the list and those do not show in the UI either. I had a large list of entries saved and i suspect they're still in the config and there is just a bug in the UI.
Wondering if anyone has any idea how to fix this without having to completely wipe the router settings and start from scratch..

Try clearing your browser cache

Did you reset the router with the WPS method after flashing the new firmware? Sometimes it takes a few resets.
I've never heard of the WPS method. Will that wipe my settings? I'm trying to avoid having to reconfigure everything.

As your image indicates a possibility of 128 DHCP entries would I be correct in assuming you are, or have been using YazDHCP? If so then the upgrade may have created some level of mismatch between the router and your entware install. This would also mean that you could back up the files in /jffs/addons/YazDHCP.d/ and restore them after a clean install - if necessary!

As your image indicates a possibility of 128 DHCP entries would I be correct in assuming you are, or have been using YazDHCP? If so then the upgrade may have created some level of mismatch between the router and your entware install. This would also mean that you could back up the files in /jffs/addons/YazDHCP.d/ and restore them after a clean install - if necessary!
I use whatever is built into Merlin. I haven't installed anything custom on top of that.

I use whatever is built into Merlin. I haven't installed anything custom on top of that.

If you have the SSH server enabled & configured on your router, you can use the following command to double-check if the built-in NVRAM variable still exists and if it has any of your custom settings:
Bash:
nvram show 2>/dev/null | grep "dhcp_staticlist="
If the key value is completely empty then your custom entries have been somehow deleted & are completely gone so there's nothing to recover. And if that's the case, who knows what else may have been deleted or corrupted so it looks like a reset to factory defaults would be necessary.

OTOH, if the NVRAM key still contains your previous entries, you can quickly do a backup now & later on do a restore (after a reset perhaps?) using a simple shell script like the one attached to this post (make sure to remove the ".TXT" file extension and also save the resulting output files on a separate storage device).

For an alternative method using a script with some more "bells & whistles" see the following post:

Attachments

• BackupRestoreNVRAM.sh.TXT
    1.8 KB · Views: 21
On Merlin you can still use WinSCP to backup/restore/edit the dhcp_staticlist and custom_clientlist.

Screenshot 2023-10-29 072746.jpg

On Merlin you can still use WinSCP to backup/restore/edit the dhcp_staticlist and custom_clientlist.
When using the WinSCP tool, there's a potential risk of corrupting the NVRAM key values if you inadvertently don't follow exactly the correct format/syntax when editing the key contents. In addition, using the nvram CLI would be considered the safest method as it encapsulates the internal mechanism & APIs for modifying, updating & committing the NVRAM variables, all of which are unavailable when using only an external tool.