1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Strange Connected Clients Map- Rt-AC68R

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by shaldon777, May 24, 2019.

1. shaldon777

shaldon777 New Around Here

This is my first post. Not sure if it's in the right place. My router Rt-ac68r running latest Merlin 384.11_2 has shown a strange connected clients map as attached here. The client " Camera 3" has 10 devices connected to router and 3 devices from client "Computer". I'd appreciate any reply. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. #TY

#TY Senior Member

First thing I would suggest you do when you do not recognize clients connected to your network is to immediately change your WiFi password. Then reconnect all YOUR devices one by one, checking the Client Connection list on your router after each one to see how they show up. You can then properly identify/rename them if the name they show up as isn't something that's clearly identified (some devices are ID'd by the manufacturer's name). Once one device is accounted for, move on to the next, and repeat the above procedure until all your devices are accounted for.

3. FTC

FTC Regular Contributor

Aparently the network map in 384.11.2 is not working very well. In my case i find clients missing, specially my repeater which has a couple of clients an I can see they are all connected and happily working.