What's new

Strange Connected Clients Map- Rt-AC68R

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shaldon777

New Around Here
This is my first post. Not sure if it's in the right place. My router Rt-ac68r running latest Merlin 384.11_2 has shown a strange connected clients map as attached here. The client " Camera 3" has 10 devices connected to router and 3 devices from client "Computer". I'd appreciate any reply. Thank you.

Attachments

• Connected Clients.png
    Connected Clients.png
    240.9 KB · Views: 340
This is my first post. Not sure if it's in the right place. My router Rt-ac68r running latest Merlin 384.11_2 has shown a strange connected clients map as attached here. The client " Camera 3" has 10 devices connected to router and 3 devices from client "Computer". I'd appreciate any reply. Thank you.
First thing I would suggest you do when you do not recognize clients connected to your network is to immediately change your WiFi password. Then reconnect all YOUR devices one by one, checking the Client Connection list on your router after each one to see how they show up. You can then properly identify/rename them if the name they show up as isn't something that's clearly identified (some devices are ID'd by the manufacturer's name). Once one device is accounted for, move on to the next, and repeat the above procedure until all your devices are accounted for.

Aparently the network map in 384.11.2 is not working very well. In my case i find clients missing, specially my repeater which has a couple of clients an I can see they are all connected and happily working.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!