What's new

Strange Ping

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TrebleTA

Hi all, so I've noticed something odd, if I use my ISP device, in say a game like world of warcraft my ping would be home 12ms, world 12ms. But if I connect my Ax82u as the main device, my ping in games will increase and is now 13ms home, 15-16ms world.
What could cause this, they should be the same?

I've tried disabling AI protect, disabled DOT, setup port forwarding, I'm connected via LAN cable. Disabled ddos in firewall, IPV6 is disabled.

The ISP device is on its default settings

While you may have disabled some of the features, they may still be (fully or partially) enabled. Just toggling some features on/off changes the state of the router.

If you really want to test. Do a full reset and a minimal and manual configuration.

And, as usual, which router? What firmware? What ISP/device?

And, does 3ms or 4ms more really make a difference in your game?

I dont really notice it, I just thought that they would be the same as the isp (sky SR203) device.
I'm on a asus ax82u offical firmware, lastest offical release.
I will do a soft factory reset tomorrow, and just set up the WAN and see.
P.s
I'm from the UK

For ddos, for gaming thought it was better to enable.

And it's not a waste of time, im thinking something is wrong if it's not the same.

And why soft factory reset twice?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!