What's new

Struggling with remote access to router (settings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

superfly75

New Around Here
Hi there, I am struggling to configure my router in the Administration > System > Remote Access Config settings

I want to be able to :
1. Access from home
2. Access from WAN (Web only)
3. Whitelist 3 remote fixed IP address (4 if I include my own home fixed IP address)

All IP addresses involved here are fixed.

So I did the configuration as attached, however if I do this I am no longer to open the UI from home (local).

As anyone been able to make this work from both local (inside) and WAN (outside)?
Do I need to add my own IP address (home) in the whitelist? (I tried but did not work either)

Any help with this section would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Screenshot_395.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_395.png
    Screenshot_395.png
    277.2 KB · Views: 198
Hi there, I am struggling to configure my router in the Administration > System > Remote Access Config settings

I want to be able to :
1. Access from home
2. Access from WAN (Web only)
3. Whitelist 3 remote fixed IP address (4 if I include my own home fixed IP address)

All IP addresses involved here are fixed.

So I did the configuration as attached, however if I do this I am no longer to open the UI from home (local).

As anyone been able to make this work from both local (inside) and WAN (outside)?
Do I need to add my own IP address (home) in the whitelist? (I tried but did not work either)

Any help with this section would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

View attachment 26173
if you enable Access Restrictions, then you'll also need to include the IP address of the local computer that you're using to access the UI from home. do not put your WAN IP in there.

You should be using an OpenVPN Server instance instead of what you need.