Support for RP-XXX Access points?

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

jptech

New Around Here
Will support come for the Asus RP devices which are just APs, Repeaters, Media bridges?

I'd like to get one to use the AiMesh feature, but I'd prefer it be a merlin base.

skeal

Part of the Furniture
Will support come for the Asus RP devices which are just APs, Repeaters, Media bridges?

I'd like to get one to use the AiMesh feature, but I'd prefer it be a merlin base.
For aimesh @RMerlin advises to keep the node at stock firmware for convenience of updating the firmware.

Equinox

Occasional Visitor
Same question here.
I set my RP-AC68U as a media bridge. The latest firmware is from June 2018. No update since then. I hope that Asus is still supporting it.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
There's very little point in running my firmware on an AiMesh node. Ultimately, the important portion is the wifi bit, and that part is closed source, so it will be identical to the stock firmware. And if Asus stops issuing updates, then it means I also have to stop, due to lack of compatible binary components.

Vexira

Part of the Furniture
Same question here.
I set my RP-AC68U as a media bridge. The latest firmware is from June 2018. No update since then. I hope that Asus is still supporting it.
Have doubts about Asus support, I personally consider it abandoned, I had two units loaded with defective firmware and it was a pain to get fixed one did the other is still not working correctly.