What's new

Support for RP-XXX Access points?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jptech

New Around Here
Will support come for the Asus RP devices which are just APs, Repeaters, Media bridges?

I'd like to get one to use the AiMesh feature, but I'd prefer it be a merlin base.

Will support come for the Asus RP devices which are just APs, Repeaters, Media bridges?

I'd like to get one to use the AiMesh feature, but I'd prefer it be a merlin base.
For aimesh @RMerlin advises to keep the node at stock firmware for convenience of updating the firmware.

Same question here.
I set my RP-AC68U as a media bridge. The latest firmware is from June 2018. No update since then. I hope that Asus is still supporting it.

There's very little point in running my firmware on an AiMesh node. Ultimately, the important portion is the wifi bit, and that part is closed source, so it will be identical to the stock firmware. And if Asus stops issuing updates, then it means I also have to stop, due to lack of compatible binary components.

Same question here.
I set my RP-AC68U as a media bridge. The latest firmware is from June 2018. No update since then. I hope that Asus is still supporting it.
Have doubts about Asus support, I personally consider it abandoned, I had two units loaded with defective firmware and it was a pain to get fixed one did the other is still not working correctly.