What's new

Diversion Supported firmware...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The Valeyard

New Around Here
Trying to install Diversion, however .. I have an Asus GT-AC5300, this is not supported by the Asus Merlin firmware.

However, lets say I did the work to manually enable /opt automount on a usb thumbdrive, and installed entware, and got most of the gnu tools installed such as coreutils-* procps-ng-* pixelserv-tls, dos2unix, net-tools etc... would I be able to install diversion?

IIRC the merlin firmware IS the asus firmware but it has additional tools.

Please advise,

That's a lot of if's.

But I doubt it is possible, at all.

That's a lot of if's.

But I doubt it is possible, at all.
Well the if's are for conversational purposes only. I have done exactly that, I am more interested if there is something specific to merlin firmware that diversion requires and if so what that might be so I can work on that as well.

Diversion relies on the Merlin custom user scripts to customize dnsmasq.conf, most importantly.

Can you elaborate on what that is or how it works? I am familiar with dnsmasq, what is the user scripts doing that can't be replicated?
I am familiar with the Diversion inner workings. Don’t bother trying to install it on non Asuswrt-Merlin firmware. You’d have to rewrite a fair bit of code to appear to make it work. And then you find it does in fact not.

Hello , what’s the best addblock to instal on ASUS rx88u I’m using diversion and got nord vpn installed but since I had diversion installed nord vpn doesn’t work any more ? I’m new to all this

Hello , what’s the best addblock to instal on ASUS rx88u I’m using diversion and got nord vpn installed but since I had diversion installed nord vpn doesn’t work any more ? I’m new to all this
Diversion is best - and all you need to know is right here.
Way better to research and expand your knowledge - then if fully stuck - pop the question here ;).

Hi I managed to install diversion successfully it blocks most of ads even the new beta feature of YouTube works good , apart from that I’m not able to get my nord vpn and diversion going at the same time is that a known issue with the new updated merlin firmware or is it me that I’m doing something wrong

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!