What's new

CakeQOS Switch from FlexQOS to CakeQOS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Daveo

Regular Contributor
I am currently using the latest version of FlexQOS and was wondering if it was worth switching to CakeQOS.

My internet is 500/40.

I mainly play games (via PC/Mac and various consoles), run a local testing server (that's accessible via internal network only) & do office work for a club that I'm secretary for.

I also do web hosting and run various websites (web hosting and sites are run from my dedicated server hosted elsewhere).

Any suggestions please.

Ah OK.

So best to stay with FlexQOS then ?

It has to be Adaptive QoS, you have no choice. FlexQoS is Adaptive QoS enhancement.

I am currently using the latest version of FlexQOS and was wondering if it was worth switching to CakeQOS.

My internet is 500/40.

I mainly play games (via PC/Mac and various consoles), run a local testing server (that's accessible via internal network only) & do office work for a club that I'm secretary for.

I also do web hosting and run various websites (web hosting and sites are run from my dedicated server hosted elsewhere).

Any suggestions please.
Don't, cake works better at those speeds on x86/64 systems. Do not switch to cake since you could never hope to shape that speed on an arm/arm64 arch using cake qdisc. Stick with flex which is much lighter and still able to achieve close to similar results on these arm/arm64 routers. Plus, @dave14305 has your qos in mind.

OK, many thanks.

Will stay with FlexQOS then :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!