What's new

Synology SRM Update 1.3.1-9346 Update 8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture

Version: 1.3.1-9346 Update 8​

(2023-11-21)
Important Note

The update will be available for selected regions within the following weeks, although the release time in each region may vary slightly.

Fixed Issues

1. Fixed the issue where the RT6600ax might not be able to complete the boot process.
  2. Fixed the issue where the SRM web interface might be inaccessible.
  3. Fixed the issue where the LED indicators of the RT2600ac might not display properly prior to the initial SRM installation.
  4. Fixed the issue where the CPU utilization might reach 99% when IPv6 6rd was enabled.
  5. Fixed the issue where SRM might display the wrong notifications when there were more than 32 MAC filter rules created.
  6. Fixed the issue where SRM might not be able to automatically reconnect with VPN after rebooting the Synology Router.
  7. Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities. (Synology-SA-23:16)
  8. Fixed a security vulnerability. (Synology-SA-23:08)
As always - SRM downloads can be found here...

Version: 1.3.1-9346 Update 8​

(2023-11-21)
Important Note

The update will be available for selected regions within the following weeks, although the release time in each region may vary slightly.

Fixed Issues

1. Fixed the issue where the RT6600ax might not be able to complete the boot process.
  2. Fixed the issue where the SRM web interface might be inaccessible.
  3. Fixed the issue where the LED indicators of the RT2600ac might not display properly prior to the initial SRM installation.
  4. Fixed the issue where the CPU utilization might reach 99% when IPv6 6rd was enabled.
  5. Fixed the issue where SRM might display the wrong notifications when there were more than 32 MAC filter rules created.
  6. Fixed the issue where SRM might not be able to automatically reconnect with VPN after rebooting the Synology Router.
  7. Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities. (Synology-SA-23:16)
  8. Fixed a security vulnerability. (Synology-SA-23:08)
As always - SRM downloads can be found here...

Did a manual update and all ok. Feels like I have jumped in the Tardis and gone back in time with purchasing the RT6600AX. its not as a mature offering as I thought. From synology they cant decide how to implement QOS a bit better. I have asked them to show me the Layer 7 QOS in operation. They came back to me and said the support dept dont know........ do I put my RT-AX88U back in ?

From synology they cant decide how to implement QOS a bit better. I have asked them to show me the Layer 7 QOS in operation. They came back to me and said the support dept dont know........ do I put my RT-AX88U back in ?

All the QoS items are there - it's a multiple step process, but it can be as granular as you need it to be.

I have found most of the QOS settings but I suppose my gripe is the L7 stuff is all Bandwith reservation. Every device has an Application and an associated bandwidth allocation, so there may be several applications per device and several Bandwith allocations. All the bandwidth allocations can not exceed the total bandwidth. I suppose I had expected something a little more sofisticated based on Global settings.( I have not found any yet) I also know about the traffic control where 3 devices can be prioritised and 3 more devices can be deprioritised. I am an exponent of KISS (Keep It So Simple) polite version. Its early days for me with this router so I am still getting to grips with it and thanks for your feedback.