What's new

Syslog filled with pixelserv-tls errors (Failed to create conn_handler thread. err: 11)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sas

Regular Contributor
I have installed and configured Diversion and pixelserv-tls, and everything SEEMS ok (I think). But I keep seeing a ton of lines like this in my syslog:
Code:
Jul 20 22:23:01 pixelserv-tls[18436]: Failed to create conn_handler thread. err: 11
Especially when I visit certain sites (like cnn.com). My ads do seem to be blocked, so maybe I should just ignore this, but does anyone have any advice on if this is something to be concerned about and if so what to try to fix it? I am on an RT-86U with latest 384.18, installed all of the above on the command line via amtm app, and I have my router WebUI served up on my LAN at 192.168.10.1:443 and it would APPEAR that pixelserv-tls is at 192.168.10.2:443 (although other ports are also open at that address). Thanks!

80 and 443 are the default ports for pixelserv. You can move the WebUI to 8443 (that's my default) or you can use the -k switch for pixelserv to move it off 443 to, like 5443. Don't know if that is the source of your problem though.

I don't quite see how pixelserv can start if 443 is already in use though. Diversion will toss ad requests to 10.2 though even if pixelserv isn't running and they will be blocked.

I get that too, I have been ignoring it thus far. According to this link:
  • The error is most likely transient. Only to do with a particular request. Occasionally you will see it when your router is short of resources such as RAM. If you're seeing this error more frequently, it's a good indication your router might be working too hard.
You could try adding a swap file to see if that helps (amtm has the ability to do that).

I get that too, I have been ignoring it thus far. According to this link:
  • The error is most likely transient. Only to do with a particular request. Occasionally you will see it when your router is short of resources such as RAM. If you're seeing this error more frequently, it's a good indication your router might be working too hard.
You could try adding a swap file to see if that helps (amtm has the ability to do that).

I added swap file and the messages have gone away. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: pdc

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!