What's new

Tapatalk support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyPancake

Following the forum update, I can no longer access it in Tapatalk. Is this intentional or just a glitch following the migration?

Give the web browser a try. On my tablet, the new forum interface is very usable in a mobile browser, so I no longer need Tapatalk when browsing from my tablet.

Looks very good on my iPhone and iPad Pro using Safari.

The new responsive forum template removes the need for it.
Almost...

The new template works really nice on iPhone and iPad, but there’s no (automatic) Dark Mode :(

(and the ad free experience was also very nice)

Following the forum update, I can no longer access it in Tapatalk. Is this intentional or just a glitch following the migration?
Same here. I get a warning that the new SNB is configured through Cloudflare...

That's a shame, as Tapatalk is quick and easy to use on a phone and I prefer its dark theme.

No matter how streamlined mobile forum experiences get, I find they're never quite as good as accessing them through Tapatalk on Android.

Edit: At least with your implementation of the new forum software, you've kept the Threads with your posts, aka Participated, search, as I use that a lot in all forums on Tapatalk.

Tapatalk was for me the best way to follow posts on this forum. When using this forum with safari on my iPad/iPhone, doesn’t give the same experience. So please reconsider your decision.

I have the same issue. Reported this in Tapatalk beta discussion thread. No response yet. I'm gonna bump it again.

No point in 'Bumping' it. Access to it has been cut and i doubt it will be reinstated.

The new forum software is really very good and fast too.
It will take a little time for you to get used to the minor changes but, apart from no Dark Mode, I consider the new software to be a success.

I like things organized and could see new posts on the subjects I followed on this forum with a blink of an eye on Tapatalk. How can I get the same overview as I got in Tapatalk on this “new” forum? As I click through this forum, all messages are mixed up and I need to read through all those messages, to get the info I want. Is there a way to organize this?

I am not a whizzkid, but I liked to follow developers for Asus routers on Tapatalk

ORGANIZED ON TAPATALK

D9F25985-AADD-4AFC-A3EF-DB5DAFD4F7FD.png

NOT ORGANIZED ON SNBFORUM
5A3F769E-E6D1-407E-8277-78D77A5DD82C.png

I like things organized and could see new posts on the subjects I followed on this forum with a blink of an eye on Tapatalk. How can I get the same overview as I got in Tapatalk on this “new” forum? As I click through this forum, all messages are mixed up and I need to read through all those messages, to get the info I want. Is there a way to organize this?

I am not a whizzkid, but I liked to follow developers for Asus routers on Tapatalk

ORGANIZED ON TAPATALK

NOT ORGANIZED ON SNBFORUM

You can do the same with the forums. Click on "What`s New`, then `Your News Feed`. It will show posts from people you follow.

1595351932077.png

Until this, I was using Tapatalk for all forums on my phone.

I do see the hamburger pullout on left and notification bell icon on top of browser for mobile.

No response from Tapatalk support. I'll just have to adapt, at least for now. Why would a forum choose to block access to Tapatalk?

Why would a forum choose to block access to Tapatalk?

Forums require the installation of a special plugin to support Taptalk, it's not something that's automaticaly supported. So Taptalk wasn't blocked, Tim simply chose not to reinstall support for it - that means one less plugin to maintain and update for starter.

I'm not saying this is the case here, but there can be political reasons to cease Tapatalk support, such as when ad revenue is involved to support the forum.

At least, I won’t be much online on snbforums anymore. I really don’t like it the way it is now. Too much things I need to do before I can see the messages I want. If it’s a money problem not supporting Tapatalk anymore, I will happily pay some money.

I really don't understand 'apps'. Particularly 'apps' that just mimic what I can do on the web anyway. Sure, I can see how some features they offer may seem desirable or even needed, but the big picture view is they are not needed at all.

This forum is about reading and exchanging information. Not what method is used to get to that info.

I don't use any apps on my phone to read these forums or any others, the Edge browser works perfectly, just like it does on my laptop and desktop computers.

What probable reason would an 'app' be chosen when one isn't needed at all? I'm genuinely curious and listening carefully to any well thought out responses.

I was using my tapatalk account to login. Can I still get to that same account without tapatalk? The account that I am using now is a very old one without my history, because I never used it since I was switched to tapatalk.

Nevermind.... I have reset my password with the email address I was using in tapatalk.

Not gonna hate on anyone but I am very disappointed at the decision to remove Tapatalk support from SNB for the sake of a small amount of plugin maintenance. With all the forums I visit and threads I follow, a streamlined notification system is a must for me and I am sure I am not the only one, Tapatalk's system may not be perfect but it works and works far better than the god awful chrome notification system. I will say I do not post often in the snbforums but I am an old school forum hound... search, search, search and read!

Status
Not open for further replies.