What's new

Release [Test] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 - OpenVPN test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
update to post 32, no issues with alpha 3 or alpha 4. Still no functional change in running my openvpn server. no unintended side effects either. Single RT-AX88U

Last edited:
Updated to Alpha4 and everything working as is should.
Observation: NTP took longer to sync, usually 4-5 sec nu 10sec maby just a coincidence.
[vpnc.sh]: [677] ntp synced in [10] seconds

WIll there be a possibility in the web gui to modify the keepalive values?

I want to keep the webui settings to a necessary minimum. Asuswrt-Merlin already offers like four times the number of settings all other routers/NAS with OpenVPN support offer. Using a postconf script for these fringe cases is the way to go.

86U, dirty flash to Alpha4. Neither of my servers will start, reporting certificate authority/server key errors. The certificates there were different than what I had in .18. I pasted in the old certificates and they do not start.

One thing might be unique to me: my certificates are the same for both servers. A chromebook thing.

EDIT: NVM. I went back to .18, restored the config and jffs. Servers came up fine. Did the dirty flash again, and the servers came up OK and connections worked okay.

Last edited:
@RMerlin
Installed latest alpha 4 over 384.18.

Using vpn client 3 and 5 with AirVPN.
I lost certificates. All of them.
Then, I uploaded .opvn file again. The certificates weren't imported.
Nothing. Then I've manually pasted the certificates. Pressed save and they didn't save. Did the same again and they simply don't save, they disappear.

I can't use vpn clients again because of that.

@RMerlin
Installed latest alpha 4 over 384.18.

Using vpn client 3 and 5 with AirVPN.
I lost certificates. All of them.
Then, I uploaded .opvn file again. The certificates weren't imported.
Nothing. Then I've manually pasted the certificates. Pressed save and they didn't save. Did the same again and they simply don't save, they disappear.

I can't use vpn clients again because of that.
Have you changed old value "-1" to "0" in
Connection Retry attempts
(0 for infinite)

Ok and your /jffs working?
I have updated and have No problem with certs.
Everything working except certs.

Everything working except certs.

Ok, I never use upload function I prefere to do it manually.
Do you use any of x3mRouting scripts, they are not compatible with alpha4 at the moment.

Last edited:
Do you use any of x3mRouting scripts, they are not compatible with alpha4 at the moment.
I did I'd manually also (I'll send a video If you want), and the same result...

I uninstalled them before upgrading. And they're not installed right now.

Certs could not be loaded on the Alpha 3 for me. What i did: format Jffs, reboot. I could see jffs wasnt available on the tools page after reboot then i set jffs to on, looked at the tools page an could see jffs was available. then rbooted and loaded AIRVPN file. Then they where loaded. At the Alpha 3 i did set a bogus username and pass for the vpn. and they are up and running now. Alpha 4 i will do in the weekend. my 2 cents

problem is jffs. I've formated jffs at next boot and then restored a backup. No success - the backup is restored but as soon as I reboot the router again, everything is lost.

I had somthing simulair with A3. before you do a reset Format jffs then reboot then a reset with an minimal config. (without the backup). after this reboot then the you will see jffs isn't available . set jffs to on, then restart again. then try to load the AIR certs. I will try the A4 in the weekend. Hope it makes sense.

Certificate handling is actually one part of the code that has been untouched in 384.19...

I would check your JFFS partition for anything abnormal. If the content of /jffs disappears after a reboot, then something is causing its content to disappear.

Certificate handling is actually one part of the code that has been untouched in 384.19...

I would check your JFFS partition for anything abnormal. If the content of /jffs disappears after a reboot, then something is causing its content to disappear.
That's what happened. JFFS became corrupt for some reason.

I'm configuring everything from scratch, and manually uploading a jffs backup

Everything works fine for me on alpha 4

That's what happened. JFFS became corrupt for some reason.

I'm configuring everything from scratch, and manually uploading a jffs backup
Done restoring manually jffs and all good.

Something weird happens when going to this alphas.

The 3rd option of using the x3mRouting script and specifying the interfaces is still compatible with Alpha 4 It is option 1 - LAN Routing and option 2- modified OpenVPN Screen that won't work with Alpha 4 at the moment due to integration with updown-client.sh..

Status
Not open for further replies.