What's new

TEW 633gr

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lyncks

New Around Here
Hey!

I used to have a asus wl500gp wireless router and wireless worked fine (around 2.8 MB/s speeds).
i got one trendnet 633gr n router (i have intel 4965 agn wireless adapter on both my laptops).
If i set my trendnet to only G, i never get disconnects, and get the same speed.
if i set it to auto, i connect to around 130 mbps, get huge speeds, around 8 MB/s, but i get tons of disconnects when i transfer large files. i almost cant transfer files larger cause i get errors and it stops (says the file is no longer available).

in event log i see something like this:
{Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \\...\torrents\ .. FL\BATTLE_IN_SEATTLE.ISO; the data has been lost. This error may be caused by network connectivity issues. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

also i get these two:
WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully started.
WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped.

I have the latest drivers for the intel card for vista and this is making me so angry :(
anyone have any idea?
thanks
________
Airsoft 1911

Last edited:
Hey!

I used to have a asus wl500gp wireless router and wireless worked fine (around 2.8 MB/s speeds).
i got one trendnet 633gr n router (i have intel 4965 agn wireless adapter on both my laptops).
If i set my trendnet to only G, i never get disconnects, and get the same speed.
if i set it to auto, i connect to around 130 mbps, get huge speeds, around 8 MB/s, but i get tons of disconnects when i transfer large files. i almost cant transfer files larger cause i get errors and it stops (says the file is no longer available).

in event log i see something like this:
{Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \\...\torrents\ .. FL\BATTLE_IN_SEATTLE.ISO; the data has been lost. This error may be caused by network connectivity issues. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

also i get these two:
WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully started.
WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped.

I have the latest drivers for the intel card for vista and this is making me so angry :(
anyone have any idea?
thanks

Might be an issue with using Intel wireless when using Trendnet as nothing is really standard yet. Each company uses it's own method. You can use Trendnet and Dlink products together without issues. If you're getting 130mbps that not bad. You're not using torrent downloading over wireless are you? It would be better to use a wired connection for that.

Well, what i really want is to be able to transfer files between laptops at higher speeds, and i really dont want disconnects.
anyone can guide me to where some 633gr problems have been discussed?
thanks
________
Toyota sienna

Last edited:
Well, what i really want is to be able to transfer files between laptops at higher speeds, and i really dont want disconnects.
anyone can guide me to where some 633gr problems have been discussed?
thanks

You can tweak the system and use teracopy freeware but still wireless. I don't know about transfer large ISO over the wireless. You can install wired wireless access point in the mix to help out but going to slow down the wireless. I can backup over the wireless to wireless access point to wired backup server. Takes about 18 minutes for 10GB image file TIB, far cry then it use to take 1 hour and 30 minutes reduce to 18 minutes and that's over Turbo G. 9 minutes on using N wireless card.

thanks for the tip with teracopy.
thing is if i download stuff i do at around 9 MB/s (torrents mostly)
if i transfer files from another computer, the speed is almost the same, but it disconnects.
dont think i need access points, im really close to the router (one wall, around 3 meters far).
ill try using teracopy and see how it's going.
cheers and thanks
________
Angelina jolie pics

Last edited:
thanks for the tip with teracopy.
thing is if i download stuff i do at around 9 MB/s (torrents mostly)
if i transfer files from another computer, the speed is almost the same, but it disconnects.
dont think i need access points, im really close to the router (one wall, around 3 meters far).
ill try using teracopy and see how it's going.
cheers and thanks

So you're transferring what the size of the file? Let's say 720MB over wireless

I am doing that right now over N.. Time ranges from 15, 36, 44 using XP Copy..
Now with TeraCopy Does take time..

hey
teracopy is awesome, but still i got problems.
for example,i play CS on a server i never had issues with. now i have loss and latency issues, while on LAN i dont. i put the old asus router and i dont have issues.
should i change something in advanced wireless, like fragmentation or something?
it's a huge improvement in speeds, but if it doesnt work right im going to put the old asus back and i really dont want that :(
cheers
________
Willow Run

Last edited:
hey
teracopy is awesome, but still i got problems.
for example,i play CS on a server i never had issues with. now i have loss and latency issues, while on LAN i dont. i put the old asus router and i dont have issues.
should i change something in advanced wireless, like fragmentation or something?
it's a huge improvement in speeds, but if it doesnt work right im going to put the old asus back and i really dont want that :(
cheers

On the wireless side you should use the wireless client software that comes with the device. Disable and stop Windows Wireless Service. Your device will still function but you don't need to have both features active.

I won't recommend you change the fragmentation, but you can disable power saving features for wireless devices. Also check Device Hardware Manager for the wireless device.

Most of N wireless settings are pretty default, G you have some more options but each device manufacturer is different. You can try changing the TTL to 128 instead of 64.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!