What's new

The dreaded "HTTPS is a relatively more secured web access protocol. We strongly suggest to enter the ASUS router setting page via HTTPS protocol."

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kapitikarl

New Around Here
Hi All,
Can't seem to fix the dreaded "HTTPS is a relatively more secured web access protocol. We strongly suggest to enter the ASUS router setting page via HTTPS protocol." window when I log into my RT-AC88U router.

So far, I have:
Factory reset - both within the software and also by pressing the reset button at the back of the device - before and after updating [problem remains]
Rolled back to Asus WRT and then to WRT Merlin [problem remains]
Changed Local Access Config Authentication method from Default to HTTPS [cannot access my router at all]

Tried exporting a new security certificate [problem remains and also generates it for a router at IP address 192.168.1.1] whereas my router IP has been set to 192.168.2.1

I have had this problem before, and I checked previous messages, attempted to find other posts on this forum, good old google, asus support and you tube. Either I am not using the right search terms or it is something super simple that has slipped my mind.

Any suggestions folks?

Yes there is and I am using Edge. Is it browser related? Should I be worried? Any settings in the browser I can apply?

If I wanted to sign-in with https using the correct certificate, how do I set that up?

How do I set / import the Asus certificate good in android?

It worked perfectly for my Windows pc.

How do I set / import the Asus certificate good in android?

It worked perfectly for my Windows pc.
As far as I can see Android no longer accepts custom root CA certificates. In the past you would install them at Settings > Security & privacy > More security settings > Install from device storage

Yes, that's right, so did I it .

I can't move it from from user to system.
After a reboot I get the notification, that a certificate is installed by a unknown company (Asus).
I can disable the notification in it, but after a reboot it is visible.

It works, guess it Android related 😉