What's new

spdMerlin The future of spdMerlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

From what I've seen, Asus' speedtest inclusion in 386 looks very good, making me unsure if I should continue with spdMerlin as a project.

For anyone running 386, is there anything spdMerlin does that Asus' doesn't, and vice versa?

Well, I tried this Asus/Ookla test several times against a number of servers. I wouldn't bother with it again as it is so wildly inaccurate , several servers show only 25% of actual speed.

I'll be sticking to nPerf from my speed dial. it is more reliable and available without digging into the ASUS GUI.

Well, I tried this Asus/Ookla test several times against a number of servers. I wouldn't bother with it again as it is so wildly inaccurate , several servers show only 25% of actual speed.

I'll be sticking to nPerf from my speed dial. it is more reliable and available without digging into the ASUS GUI.
I suspected they'd see the same problems (my infamous quote from post 1 on my old thread), unless they'd worked with Ookla to optimise it a bit more. Seems not

Thanks for a great tool. Is there any way to obtain the Ookla test URLs for each automated speedtest? I've looked in the UI, exported the CSV, and looked at the options in the menu but can't see a way.
I did see you can obtain the URL of the test result if you run a manual test.

The reason I ask is my RSP is asking for Ookla URLs so it's easy for them to see the various results for a specific timeframe.

Thanks for a great tool. Is there any way to obtain the Ookla test URLs for each automated speedtest? I've looked in the UI, exported the CSV, and looked at the options in the menu but can't see a way.
I did see you can obtain the URL of the test result if you run a manual test.

The reason I ask is my RSP is asking for Ookla URLs so it's easy for them to see the various results for a specific timeframe.
I could add these to the output in the new WebUI feature? I could look to add them to the database as a new column, but this will significantly increase the db filesize

Hi Jack
If it's not too hard, an option to capture them would be great. In my use case, I'd imagine it'd only be needed for a few days or so (so the db file size wouldn't be too impacted) .. then I'd switch it off again unless I noticed a consistent slow down again.
Thanks for considering it!

spdMerlin will stop cake for the duration of the test
Is there / will there be away to enable / disable this setting? As a cake user I am more interested in what speeds I am getting rather than what speeds I would get if cake were disabled. This would also allow a user to see the speed hit taken for the QOS benefits.

Is there / will there be away to enable / disable this setting? As a cake user I am more interested in what speeds I am getting rather than what speeds I would get if cake were disabled. This would also allow a user to see the speed hit taken for the QOS benefits.
I haven't used spdmerlin since I use cake. Is it to setup to only run speed test at certain times i.e. from 1am to 8am everyday?

I haven't used spdmerlin since I use cake. Is it to setup to only run speed test at certain times i.e. from 1am to 8am everyday?
On default it will run every 30 minutes, but you can set start and end times and whether to run once or twice an hour

Hi Jack
If it's not too hard, an option to capture them would be great. In my use case, I'd imagine it'd only be needed for a few days or so (so the db file size wouldn't be too impacted) .. then I'd switch it off again unless I noticed a consistent slow down again.
Thanks for considering it!
1604963722622.png

1604964583673.png

And we're back! Welcome to @Jack Yaz's Coding at the speed of light...

Coming up, er, gone/done, finished! :D:D:D

i think location button is not showing correct value - still shoving JFFS even script shoving USB ..

i think location button is not showing correct value - still shoving JFFS even script shoving USB ..
on develop? do other settings load ok? if not, check browser console (f12) for errors

otherwise, please post output of
Code:
ls -la /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/
ls -la /opt/share/spdmerlin.d

on develop? do other settings load ok? if not, check browser console (f12) for errors

otherwise, please post output of
Code:
ls -la /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/
ls -la /opt/share/spdmerlin.d

console is without errors

output from commands :
Code:
admin@RT-AX88U-F810:/tmp/home/root# ls -la /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/
drwxrwxrwx    4 admin    root             0 Nov 10 09:41 .
drwxr-xr-x   14 admin    root             0 Nov 10 10:14 ..
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root           195 Nov 10 09:40 .interfaces_user.bak
drwxrwxrwx    2 admin    root             0 Aug  5 20:35 ookla
drwxrwxrwx    2 admin    root             0 Aug  5 20:40 ooklalicense
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root         56270 Nov 10 09:37 spdstats_www.asp
admin@RT-AX88U-F810:/tmp/home/root# ls -la /opt/share/spdmerlin.d
drwxrwxrwx    3 admin    root          4096 Nov 10 10:14 .
drwxr-xr-x   16 admin    root          4096 Nov 10 09:36 ..
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root           184 Nov 10 10:14 .interfaces
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root           195 Nov 10 10:14 .interfaces_user
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root           195 Nov 10 10:12 .interfaces_user.bak
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root             0 Nov 10 09:37 .tableupgraded2_VPNC1
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root             0 Nov 10 09:37 .tableupgraded2_VPNC2
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root             0 Nov 10 09:37 .tableupgraded2_VPNC3
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root             0 Nov 10 09:37 .tableupgraded2_VPNC4
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root             0 Nov 10 09:37 .tableupgraded2_VPNC5
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root             0 Nov 10 09:37 .tableupgraded2_WAN
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root             0 Nov 10 09:37 .tableupgraded_VPNC1
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root             0 Nov 10 09:37 .tableupgraded_VPNC2
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root             0 Nov 10 09:37 .tableupgraded_VPNC3
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root             0 Nov 10 09:37 .tableupgraded_VPNC4
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root             0 Nov 10 09:37 .tableupgraded_VPNC5
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root             0 Nov 10 09:37 .tableupgraded_WAN
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    root           679 Nov 10 10:14 config
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    root           687 Nov 10 10:12 config.bak
drwxrwxrwx    2 admin    root          4096 Nov 10 10:14 csv
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root          1226 Nov 10 10:14 spdjs.js
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    root         77824 Nov 10 10:12 spdstats.db
-rw-rw-rw-    1 admin    root           660 Nov 10 10:12 spdtitletext.js

EDIT : found the issue - i havent selected an interface for automatic speed test. when picked WAN then all is working fine now. sorry for false alarm.

v4.0 rock, thx!

could it be useful to see the amount of data used by spdMerlin in the last 30 days?

Last edited:

[off topic] I have not found an nPerf server that can accurately measure my 1000 Mbps symmetrical connection. Some servers can handle the download but not the upload and other servers the reverse.

Feedback wanted from any develop users on latest commit:
Code:
Only include the CompleteResults csvs in export

These contain raw data for last 30 days, so "average" setting is for WebUI charts only now
The downloaded csv archive was getting cluttered, so I've created a raw table dump (effectively) which has all of the data points for the last 30 days in a single table, with 1 sheet per interface. Does this sound better, or do people still want the separate metric csvs included?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!