What's new

spdMerlin The future of spdMerlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Jack Yaz amazing work.

FYI after upgrading to spdMerlin 4.0 including the hotfix, I observed two problems:

1. Any changes to Save speedtest URLs to database or Exclude speedtests from QoS made via the GUI cannot be saved clicking the Save button doesn't do anything and I get the following error when I press F12:

2user5.asp:1172 Uncaught ReferenceError: prefix is not defined at SaveConfig (user5.asp:1172) at HTMLInputElement.onclick (user5.asp:1) DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for http://192.168.1.5/ext/shared-jy/hammer.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

2. Whilst I can toggle the Exclude speedtests from QoS via the CLI it doesn't seem to make any difference whether it is turned on/off i.e. it still shows DL speed over 25Mbit/s even though my QoS has Download Bandwidth limited to 25Mbit/s.

Many thanks in advance.

1. Any changes to Save speedtest URLs to database or Exclude speedtests from QoS made via the GUI cannot be saved clicking the Save button doesn't do anything and I get the following error when I press F12:

2user5.asp:1172 Uncaught ReferenceError: prefix is not defined at SaveConfig (user5.asp:1172) at HTMLInputElement.onclick (user5.asp:1)
Now fixed

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for [URL]http://192.168.1.5/ext/shared-jy/hammer.min.js.map[/URL]: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
This can be ignored

2. Whilst I can toggle the Exclude speedtests from QoS via the CLI it doesn't seem to make any difference whether it is turned on/off i.e. it still shows DL speed over 25Mbit/s even though my QoS has Download Bandwidth limited to 25Mbit/s.

Many thanks in advance.
All this does is not apply the below:
Code:
for proto in tcp udp; do
                    iptables -A OUTPUT -p "$proto" -j MARK --set-xmark 0x80000000/0xC0000000 2>/dev/null
                    iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -p "$proto" -j MARK --set-xmark 0x80000000/0xC0000000 2>/dev/null
                    iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -p "$proto" -j MARK --set-xmark 0x80000000/0xC0000000 2>/dev/null
                done

if [ -f /jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos ]; then
                    /jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos stop >/dev/null 2>&1
                fi
The traffic probably still bypasses QoS limits as the traffic starts in the router. All spdMerlin does it attempt to ensure it's not included. It cannot force it to be included sadly

Many thanks @Jack Yaz.

Now fixed

Unfortunately this still doesn't work for me (I did a force update and browser restart). When I press Save nothing happens and I get the following error when I press F12:
Code:
Uncaught ReferenceError: prefix is not defined
at SaveConfig (user5.asp:1172)
at HTMLInputElement.onclick (user5.asp:1)

All this does is not apply the below:
Code:
for proto in tcp udp; do
                    iptables -A OUTPUT -p "$proto" -j MARK --set-xmark 0x80000000/0xC0000000 2>/dev/null
                    iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -p "$proto" -j MARK --set-xmark 0x80000000/0xC0000000 2>/dev/null
                    iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -p "$proto" -j MARK --set-xmark 0x80000000/0xC0000000 2>/dev/null
                done

if [ -f /jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos ]; then
                    /jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos stop >/dev/null 2>&1
                fi
The traffic probably still bypasses QoS limits as the traffic starts in the router. All spdMerlin does it attempt to ensure it's not included. It cannot force it to be included sadly

Actually I use FlexQoS as oppose to Cake QoS. Does this field only relates to Cake QoS?

Many thanks @Jack Yaz.

Unfortunately this still doesn't work for me (I did a force update and browser restart). When I press Save nothing happens and I get the following error when I press F12:
Code:
Uncaught ReferenceError: prefix is not defined
at SaveConfig (user5.asp:1172)
at HTMLInputElement.onclick (user5.asp:1)

Actually I use FlexQoS as oppose to Cake QoS. Does this field only relates to Cake QoS?
did the force update actually pull down the new asp? prefix is no longer referenced in the saveconfig function

did the force update actually pull down the new asp? prefix is no longer referenced in the saveconfig function
It looks like it did not. I did it again and in one of the subsequent "uf" it did pull down the new asp and it now works fine, plus now I can see the new fields in the GUI for the Schedule for automatic speedtests.

Many thanks once again

It looks like it did not. I did it again and in one of the subsequent "uf" it did pull down the new asp and it now works fine, plus now I can see the new fields in the GUI for the Schedule for automatic speedtests.

Many thanks once again
good stuff!
I'm afraid there won't be any more changes on develop for the next 9 hours, work time :(

Yes, you deserve a break. When you get a chance -

Updated earlier today:
$ spdmerlin develop

I also ran spdmerlin and did a force update.

Spreadsheets looks good, Im able to make some snazzy graphs ;-)

But, I don't see the speedgraphs on the WebUI page...

Yes, you deserve a break. When you get a chance -

Updated earlier today:
$ spdmerlin develop

I also ran spdmerlin and did a force update.

Spreadsheets looks good, Im able to make some snazzy graphs ;-)

But, I don't see the speedgraphs on the WebUI page...
Any browser console errors? All working last time i checked :/

Charts are only shown for interfaces enabled for automatic tests

Last edited:
Any browser console errors? All working last time i checked :/

Charts are only shown for interfaces enabled for automatic tests
Thanks, the auto interface was not enabled!

Working fine now.

@Jack Yaz , I noticed the option to setup 'AutoBW'...if enabled, does this option work while using cake as well or maybe not recommended to use with cake?

Also appreciated adding the toggle for QoS when using cake. I changed it to reflect "Currently spdmerlin speedtests are included in QoS' and now this doesnt turn off cake... I like that.

Really appreciated.

Last edited:
May have spotted a bug. See screen output from CLI ...
Code:
3.    VPNC1
      Preferred: Off - Server: None configured

Choose an option:    3

What would you like to do?

1.    Toggle preferred server on/off - currently: Off
2.    Set preferred server - currently: None configured

Choose an option:    2

Generating list of closest servers for VPNC1...

/opt/bin/spdmerlin: line 2782: jq: not found
[: bad number
1)
2)
3)
4)

etc etc with no end result - so exit with CTRL+C

VPNC1 uses VPNUNlimited to connect to UK.

this is now out of date after the last couple of commits :D
I finally just got around to switching to the Spdmerlin dev. branch. The only thing I would like added is the ability to not show disabled vpn servers on the speed test.

for example

1605154658971.png

I finally just got around to switching to the Spdmerlin dev. branch. The only thing I would like added is the ability to not show disabled vpn servers on the speed test.

for example

View attachment 27605

For me - this only happens on first visit to the Speedtest page in webui.
If you click-close all the ones that are empty or that you don't want - they remain closed [I guess until you clear cache & cookies - or click-open them again]. ;)