What's new

The Uptime Contest

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
*** Welcome to pfSense 2.4.5-RELEASE-p1 (amd64) on router ***

WAN (wan)       -> igb0       -> v4/DHCP4: AA.B.CCC.DDD/22
LAN (lan)       -> igb1       -> v4: 192.168.15.1/24

0) Logout (SSH only)                  9) pfTop
1) Assign Interfaces                 10) Filter Logs
2) Set interface(s) IP address       11) Restart webConfigurator
3) Reset webConfigurator password    12) PHP shell + pfSense tools
4) Reset to factory defaults         13) Update from console
5) Reboot system                     14) Disable Secure Shell (sshd)
6) Halt system                       15) Restore recent configuration
7) Ping host                         16) Restart PHP-FPM
8) Shell

Enter an option: 8

[2.4.5-RELEASE][admin@router.lan]/root: uptime
4:50PM  up 178 days, 11:08, 3 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Coming up on 4 months... just waiting for the Merlin 386 Release builds before we start over again. Heh.

paczgGP.png

Going to reboot everything today
Is there a reason to reboot? Are you seeing issues?

I used to be in the 'reboot weekly' camp but I've stopped doing that and will only boot if there are issues or a firmware update.

Had a power outage the other day... thought the UPS would run out, but power came back on in time... phew... uptime preserved.

FmFenrP.png

That's when I'm running an extension cord from an inverter in the electric car to the UPS. The UPS buys me plenty of time to do it. 60 kWh in the car's battery should run my router for a couple of months :)

Super long beta cycle for 386.1 keeping our uptimes going...

Are we nearing a final 386.1 build? Will our uptime's get wiped out this weekend?

Still rolling here... this is by far the longest I've ever had a router up and running constantly.

DDjQdM2.png

Uptime is great, but that shouldn't be at the cost of any security updates available.

I would rather run the most current available (and for RMerlin releases, even the Alpha's and Beta's are candidates for me). Uptime is a side dish, not the main course. :)

On mission-critical gear at home, I'll stick to "official" releases unless I've seen some good stability in the beta streams, then I may jump earlier. But for the most part, keeping the family connected and happy is primary. That's the main course here. :)

The internet is not mission-critical enough for me that the time needed for a full reset, if, an issue occurs, is a deterrent to security.

I'd rather know that my network isn't stable. Rather than think I was protected.

And RIP uptime... 386.1 RELEASE is out! Let's do this.

Well, there it is. Final reboot... time to let it ride. Start the clock.

7ryLX8q.png

@shabbs, buddy! Where were you? What are you doing? Even @AntonK is almost an hour ahead of you! :D :D :D

Uptime386.1-2021-01-30.png

(Don't worry, full reset coming up for me soon). :)

Heh. Was letting it settle and restart... and I was late to the drop when Eric dropped it. Bah.

Status
Not open for further replies.