What's new

The Uptime Contest

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you connect to that SSID? :oops:
just like any other ;) been using it for at least 2 years across 3 asus routers, even windows mobile devices from 2008 upwards connect to it without any issues. i know, its a an "ilegal" SSID:)

That is a beauty SSID.

I forgot about this and missed the 365 mark...

upt.png

Nice one!

I'm going to get an out of support router, load it up and just leave it on my network. HA!

On snap!

Just dropped 35 days of uptime on my primary router, which for me must be close to a personal record (I simply didn't need any recent firmware builds tested on that router this past month).

If people want to shift to a different uptime contest, how about wifi connection time. I'll start, as an argument as to why I keep telling people to debug their junk rather than instantly blaming firmware updates whenever they have connection stability issues...

24g_stable_uptime.png

860 hours / 24 = 35 days - which is when that router was last rebooted...

My longest connected device matches the router reboot too... 7+ days. A TP-Link IOT device - light switch.

MoDMU05.png

At the office I lost my uptime due to a config change which restarted the bas**rd, but on another continent I have more running (nothing but ac68's) like this one for surveillance:

fz.png

Oh hey there... finally crossed the 30-day threshold. Router still running the 386.2_4 Release. APs all doing fine on the 386.3 Alpha. Loving the QR code feature.

LK659Fo.png

Sigh... new release... uptime has been reset. Restart the clock.

Sigh... new release... uptime has been reset. Restart the clock.

You play the game with a wrong router. In order to win this contest you need a 2010 router or older from a defunct manufacturer. Airlink101 is a good candidate. Make sure it doesn't have any DD-WRT options available. Plug it into 1KW UPS with 2 individually replaceable battery packs. :)

Need to dig up my RT-N66U and load it up. Set it and forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.