What's new

The Uptime Contest

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard about a bug, but never verified it. When your router runs to 999 days, it will not have the 1,000 day, it just becomes the 0 day.

Okay, that's just a joke.

Many of us and our families will be relying on our home networks more so than ever for the next several weeks. What are you doing to ensure good quality of service, security and uptime in your home? In other words can you avoid tinkering and rebooting until the crisis abates?

Can you last for 7 days uptime? 14? 30? 60?

I had to move it a few months ago...

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 11.14.12 AM.png

Well chitlins! :)
RMerline just released 384,15_beta 2 and I have 8 days 2 hours 16 minute(s) 12 seconds uptime. I don't have the discipline to wait. Maybe after 384.16 final I can more time.

I think this excites me more, than uptime, My provider keeps closing connections after a few days, rarely can I hit 5 Billion. TUN/TAP write bytes 21,906,834,417

On 384.15 and probably won't make it to 60 days before the final version of 384.16 is out.

I'm self-competing with my router to see if it will stay up longer without a reboot vs how long I can self-isolate :) A secondary challenge we should all take on .

Approaching 48 days and not a single hiccup. 4 hard wired devices and numerous clients connected via 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. These routers are rock solid when configured correctly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-02 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68P - System Information.png
    Screenshot_2020-04-02 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68P - System Information.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 209
One of my Tomato routers, it shut down last year due to >2h power outage, the UPS could't hold.

Untitled.jpg

There is a ADSL2+ modem at this location too with 272 days connection time.

Reactions: a5m
My Cisco small business system at my home is never rebooted except for a power outage or firmware upgrades. This is from the last major power outage.

I am getting ready to upgrade my firmware today or tomorrow so it will reset back to zero.

Attachments

• Capture20.PNG
    Capture20.PNG
    29.6 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
How can you beat my router hands down when I never reboot my router?????

I think his point is you will eventually do a firmware update and reboot.

Where as those models are currently on life support depending on asus, so eventually they won't be forced to reboot for firmware updates and will win the most uptime because of that fact.

Thanks for the reminder guys, where I live I had come to think of it as, "How many days since our last power outage."

Last edited:
Hmmm. is this maybe an opportunity for @Jack Yaz to write a script that keeps track of uptime spells, reboots from firmware upgrades, re-syncs to NTP servers on reboot, these sorts of things?
Assuming he's as bored and locked down as the rest of us? I bet if he just LOOKS hard at his computer it'll jump into action...or maybe he knows just where in the hidden places of our routers Asus keeps these things...

Hmmm. is this maybe an opportunity for @Jack Yaz to write a script that keeps track of uptime spells, reboots from firmware upgrades, re-syncs to NTP servers on reboot, these sorts of things?
Assuming he's as bored and locked down as the rest of us? I bet if he just LOOKS hard at his computer it'll jump into action...or maybe he knows just where in the hidden places of our routers Asus keeps these things...
Work is actually killing me at the moment. I'm averaging 300 support tickets a week over the last 3 weeks...

Yikes...sorry to have bugged you on a much needed day off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We IT workers aren't officially considered essential services (though my customers do look at me as being so), but right now, we are the glue that is holding businesses together, by ensuring they can keep running in the current situation.

We IT workers aren't officially considered essential services (though my customers do look at me as being so), but right now, we are the glue that is holding businesses together, by ensuring they can keep running in the current situation.
I work for a company that develops and sells remote access software, so demand on our resources has gone through the roof with the pandemic. We're helping a lot of people and businesses keep going when they wouldn't be able to otherwise, but it is certainly a challenge supporting them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.